Chapter 3

"So... last night was the first time you kissed a stranger Eve?"

I startled, but tried to cover it. I didn't think he really wanted to go there. "Next question."

Something about the expression on my face must have given me away, because he stopped walking. "No." He looked, mad? "When you said it was your first... Don't tell me that was your first kiss ever?"

I continued walking around the block to where he'd said his motorcycle was parked. The air was crisp, and the sun dipped behind the horizon giving off an orange glaze.

He started walking again, catching up quickly. "The way you grabbed me last night, hell!" He ran his hand through his hair so hard, I thought he was going to lose some. "I thought you were experienced. And then, I just... in there..." he pointed back toward the house. "Fuck me!" I'm not sure who he was mad at. Me or himself.

He continued to glare until I finally gave in. I shrugged. "Honestly? Yes, than was my first kiss... and I'm not upset about what happened today. It was fun. I promise."

He started pacing. "How does this even happen? Twenty one years old for Christ sake. Are you saving yourself for marriage or something?"

I almost laughed, but his face told me it wouldn't be appreciated. "No."

"Then explain," he demanded.

"Things were... different for me growing up. While all the other girls from school were going on first dates, and having their first kiss, I was dealing with... everything. It just wasn't a priority in my life. And now... well, now I suppose I'm just nervous."

"What do you mean 'everything.'"

We stopped in front of a sleek black bike. It looked powerful, reminding me of him. "I'm not sure I can ride that thing... and who in the world rides a motorcycle in the winter?"

He looked like he was warring with himself about whether or not to continue his interrogation. Finally he took a deep, steadying breath and let it go. "It hasn't snowed in a week and the roads are perfectly dry. Nice way to change the subject by the way."

I ran my fingers along the painfully cold metal of the gas tank.

"You do see that I'm wearing a dress right? A short dress."

He looked down at my legs then slowly dragged his eyes up my body cracking his knuckles. "I might have noticed the dress. Just like I might have noticed the skirt last night. I suggest you tuck it around your legs and squeeze tight. Otherwise your gonna add flashing to the list of things you've done in the last couple days."

"Haha," I grumbled. "First you yell at me, now your making fun of me."

"I'm not making fun of you. And I was actually yelling at myself."

I thought so.

He reached over and finished zipping the leather close to my neck, then pulled a midnight blue helmet down over my ears.

"Whose helmet is this?" I asked, noticing how well it fit.

He latched the strap under my chin. "My moms. She likes to ride with me during the summer."

The back of his hand grazed my neck and my heart rate kicked up.

"You two seem really close." I noticed.

He shrugged, throwing his leg over the bike and kicking the stand back. "She's my best friend."

I looked at the bike as if it were a lion, wondering how I should approach it. "That's really... sweet," I said distractedly.

He laughed. "I'm anything but sweet Eve, I can promise you that. Come here."

I held my skirt close as I lifted one leg over, settling myself behind him. Before I could finish tucking everything in, he reached back with both hands, gripped my thighs and tugged me closer so that my legs straddled his. "I wouldn't want you to fall off. I'd hate to tell mom I broke her new best friend."

The air left me in a rush. I could feel his heat at the apex of my thighs. "Don't worry. I'm not as breakable as I seem."

"When it comes to me, you are."

***

The drive was bitter, but the sounds and sights of the dark city zipping by unobstructed was amazing. I let one hand drift away from Ethan's hard stomach floating it in the air. He glanced over his shoulder to find me smiling and pulled the throttle back forcing me to grab him with both hands again. I felt his laugh vibrate in our chest.

"I said don't let go," he yelled over the noise of the engine before he took the turn to my street. He slowed as I pointed to the house and came to a stop cutting the engine.

I sat behind him shaking, with my hands still tucked firmly around him. "Cold?" He asked as he reached down to my legs, running his hands up and down my exposed thighs. The friction was painful in an almost delicious way.

"Y-yes. Soooo cold."

His hands rounded my knees, lightly touching the sensitive spot underneath, then he pressed his palms deep into me, his calloused hands dragging slowly, painfully up my legs like the lick of a thousand fiery needles. My vision danced and I leaned into his back, moaning as the blood came rushing back into them.

Moaning people! Oh my god.

He stilled, voice going cold. "You should go inside Eve."

Embarrassed, I nodded. "Yeah, I-I should go." I slid off the seat and my legs nearly buckled when I stood.

I waited for him to say something else but he just watched me, one eyebrow raised, until my nerves got the best of me. "Well, thanks for the ride."

I turned to leave and made it one step before he growled, grabbing my arm and pulling me against him.

In an instant, he had my bottom lip in his mouth again. He tugged and this time it did hurt, but I was ready when his tongue stroked against mine.

Then, just like before, he stopped the kiss, leaning the bike away. "Goodnight Eve."

I took a step back, one hand going to my lips.

"Goodnight Ethan."

He kicked the bike to life and drove away; leaving me with no idea if I'd ever see him again and- I pulled my fingers away to find a spot of blood – one hell of a sore lip.

**********

That was a pretty short chapter, but I hope you liked it anyway!

While I pick my brain for the next chapter, I'd love to hear what some of your favorite romance novels are. Do you like them sweet or smutty?

If you think Ethan is the bad boy you've been looking for, click on the little star at the bottom. (VOTE) ⭐️

Talk soon,

xxxBre