Chapter 15

~ Ethan ~

"So, how did it go?" Eve was sprawled out on a mat, one arm covering her eyes, the other placed on her racing heart. She moaned an unintelligible response and I chuckled. "That good huh?"

"She'll feel better after the next couple weeks. We just need to get some muscle on those chicken wings she calls arms," Paul said, smiling down at her.

"Weeks?" She squeaked, finally looking at me. "Wasn't this a one time deal?"

I shook my head. "A girl needs to be able to protect herself in the city, and one ass kicking from Paul isn't gonna cut it."

I reached down, gripping her hand and pulled her to her feet. She rolled her eyes, but I saw the glimmer of a smile. Something tells me this girl hasn't had a lot of people looking out for her in life. She wasn't cynical or jaded in the least, but carried a deep seeded independence.

Paul slapped me on the back. "Alright pretty boy, now it's my turn."

***

"Should I let you get a couple shots in to impress your girlfriend York?"

I was going to correct him on the girlfriend part, but I decided to let it slide. "I'd like to see you try and stop me."

Paul and I were brawlers from our early days. A couple of kids who ran the streets - Paul because he came from a shit situation, hustling scraps in the Meatpacking District, and me because I wanted, needed the escape; from my mind, from the penthouse, you name it.

I finished taping my wrist and knuckles while glancing at Eve, who was digging a water bottle out of my bag near the door.

Paul was only a couple years older than me. A good looking guy with a buzzed head and intelligent eyes. His gaze bounced from her, back to me. "What's up with the girl?"

I clenched my fist a couple times, checking my tape job. "You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at her, but I think she had it pretty rough growing up."

"Ahh," Paul said, rolling his neck. "A kindred spirit huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Something like that."

"Does she know about your book?"

I faced him, giving him the what the fuck do you think look. The number of people who new about my study could fit in the palm of my hand.

"Enough stalling asshole," I picked up my gloves. The adrenaline already leaking into my system. Flooding my veins. "I'm not going easy on you."

He smiled like this was the best news ever. "Bring it on."

***

She reached over and gently touched my eyebrow with a towel. "Well, I think the bleedings almost stopped."

I smiled at her. It was completely unnecessary, but her concern was nice nonetheless.

"What?" She said. Blood rushing to her cheeks.

I shook my head. "If you're going to fuss over anyone, it should be Paul. I'm pretty sure his jaws dislocated."

Her eyes widened as she walked around the island and rinsed the towel in my sink. "That was pretty intense for sparring."

I followed, brushing against her as I went to the fridge. Fighting a grin as she sucked in a small breath. "Yeah, Paul has a match coming up and neither of us are afraid to take a hit. Thats why he was more than happy to do a trade with me; most of the guys at Cal's won't get into the ring with him anymore." I pulled some juice out and leaned around her body to grab my glass, pushing her back with my chest. I was messing with her intentionally, but for Christ sake, she was still wearing that thin white tank top. Her small swell of breast just visible through the large arm holes at the sides.

I expected her to squirm and that easy blush to break out over her skin, but instead she paled, placing one of her small hands on my chest. Tracing the lines as she refused to meet my eyes.

I sat the juice and the glass down and put my hands on the counter, caging her in.

"What are you doing little Eve?"

She looked up at me through her eyelashes. Eyes hooded. "Touching you," she whispered.

I leaned down closer. "Why?"

She ran her thumb across one of my pierced nipples, making my cock jump. She did it again and I let out a groan. "Evvveee."

I asked her again, this time breathing it in her ear. "What are you doing?"

She bit her lip. "I need a favor."

**********

I know! Get the pitch forks, light the fires! Another cliffhanger!.... but I promise it's worth it ;)

Nearly 2.5k reads and counting in just over a month. How did I get so blessed with you guys??? Oh yeah, ya'll have dirty minds... like me ;)

With love always, ❤️

xxxBre

(If you're enjoying the story, please take a half-second to click the star at the bottom and VOTE. It's like a form of payment for the time we put in writing. Thank you ⭐️)