Pwa-gan

(((LEON^^^)))

"Alright, Asshole; happy birthday, get the fuck up, get to work, leggo!"

Micheal, Of course. Who else would speak like a six-year-old child on cocaine? Well, Joy maybe, but she was in another (female) cabin. I sat up, my back screaming in pain. A lazy groan escaped my lips as Micheal pulled me from my comfortable(or as comfortable as It could possibly get) spot on the rickety wooden bedpost.

"I'm up, I'm up!"I yelled as he dragged me. "Let me go, psycho!" He didn't listen as he dragged me behind him. I groaned and gave up struggling. Not like I was putting up much of a fight, to begin with. My limbs were still much too heavy and my head hurt too much for me to make any sudden movements.

"There's a big shot inspector today. Alec went outside and ran back to tell us. You were sleepin' when the com came on and told everyone to get to their stations and stop there. Didn't tell us to get to work, I thank that bigshot fucker for that much." Micheal muttered to me. He stopped in front of stoneworking after dragging me a good ways away from the cabin. I moaned and stood on my own to feet as Micheal let go.

"See ya later, birthday boy." and then he was gone off to woodworking.

I trudged deeper into my station, finding people scattered about and talking rather than being bossed around by demons. Soon Joy and Kayli were in my sight. I rolled my eyes.

"Sup bday boy?" Kayli called as I walked up. I shrugged. Minutes seemed to fly by as we made small talk. Soon, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a commotion. I pointed and Kayli and Joy followed my finger with their eyes.

"Looks like inspections starting." Kayli moaned. We had all been through it before. Every camp went through a biennial (every two years) inspection. It was usually some high ranking demon working for this group that everyone called the 'Sinners'. No human knows who they are, but all the demons seem to. That pissed me off to no end.

Two years ago, there was this asshole of a bigshot demon coming in, he spewed shit to the other demons about what the Sinners would do to all of them if even one thing was out of place. That scared the demons shitless!

"This year, I heard that something messed up in a buncha camps, so one of the Sinners was coming in to take a look!" Joy joked, me and Kayli looking at her unimpressed. Kayli whipped her long, tangled lions main as she stalked toward the group; brown rats nest flowing and everything. Joy and I walked leisurely after her, not caring too much about whatever was happening. But, as soon as we reached the group, I knew something was wrong.

There were two voices in my head arguing. One said to run away NOW, and the other saying to run closer ASAP. I didn't listen to either because, well, my limbs ached and I was too lazy to care. Still, a sinking feeling settled into the pit of my stomach, I didn't appreciate that much, but what can you do? We kept walking at our slow pace, reaching the back of the group quite easily. The sound of growls came from the front as Kayli pushed through. She was shoving everyone out of her way; resulting in angry, but not surprised glares.

As people moved for Kayli, they left way for Joy and me to slip through without any issues. Once we reached the front-ish of the line, the commotion paused. If the pause was anything long enough to note, I would have been worried. But, all the moment stop was, was exactly that: A moment stop. What scared me and everyone around me was a sudden gasp as people from the front line ran backward, getting caught in the web of others blocking their paths.

The few people in front of my group ran smack back into us, scrabbling around and moving out of the way. Kayli and I exchanged confused glances before looking up to see what had gone wrong.

Ahead was a very handsome man; strong jawline, large build, 5'oclock shadow, and stood probably around 6 foot or so. I couldn't tell! I wasn't a walking tape measure, give me a break. His tanned skin glistened in the sunlight, yes this man was beautiful, but it wasn't his looks that scared everyone away, it was the fact that he was surrounded by dark blue mist. It surrounded him loosely yet threateningly. What was also scary were his eyes. Dear god, the full sclera was navy blue, terrifying, but stunningly beautiful at the same time, as if you could get lost in them for hours.

He had an unamused look on his face as he watched some of the demons drag away bloodied humans, still struggling in their grasps. One demon got so fed up, he plunged a clawed hand through a humans chest with no regard for the rules what so ever. I nearly choked as I witnessed the murder. One thing that did not change with the change of the world was how much empathy I had. I still felt the pain of the family and friends the human had, I still felt bad for their suffering, dismissing mine.

I covered my mouth with my hand and scrunched my eyes. Brutality was hard to watch for me, even on animals, I couldn't handle it. A single tear fell from my scrunched eye, and a rough yet gentle hand whipped it away, wait.... what?

My eyes shot open to only close again in the dark smoke. I slowly opened my eyes, smoke still crowding them as I shuffled away.

"What the hell?" I muttered to myself when the smoke was suddenly gone. I looked to Joy beside me, hand to her mouth as she pointed to Kayli behind me. No, that shadow was way too tall to be Kayli! I bolted around to find the handsome stranged starting down at me. I took a step back, knocking Joy in the prosses before she grabbed my arm and dragged me back through the crowd. Once we got to the back, Joy let herself take a breath. I was still in shock; a demon touched me. A high power demon touched me without any intent to harm me, at least I hoped.

"It's okay, right?" I asked as I stood straight, looking back at her. I was breathing heavily, nerves raking through my body. "I'm okay. You're okay. I don't know where Kayli is, but I'm sure she's okay too." I tried to reassure her. She only shook her head before pointing to her neck and then me. I tilted my head, reaching up to see what was there.

My fingertips brushed gently against soft leather. I let in a sharp intake of air.

"What the fuck!? How do I get this thing off?!"

"Max," Joy started slowly, "There's no clasp."

Yo Yo Yo. Been a while. Sorry I had to take a break cause of medical stuff. I had to go to the doctor like a million times cause they still don't fully know what landed me in the hospital months ago. UGH. I had to go and get 39 shots. (I'm not even joking.) They had to number my skin and it was gross. Anyway, we (hopefully)found out what it was and I'm now being treated for a crap ton of stuff. Anyway, hopefully, I'll be getting on a normal update schedule as I don't have to go back to the doctor for another four months! Thanks!