Pwa-nem-du

It was at that moment another flash hit me. First, the dizziness hit, then the mental haze. I don't know how long I stood there, shaking harshly before pain blossomed in my lower chest and back. Mentally, I refused to let my legs give out on me, but you can't deceive your body, and I collapsed in on myself; a pair of strong arms the only thing keeping me from head diving into the dirt.

Understanding what was happening was half the battle I was fighting, and I sure as hell was losing. I don't know why I was complying, I don't know why I didn't fight back against the demons like I normally would have, and I sure as hell didn't know why my body was willing to change for this asshole who just barged into my life. What I do know for sure is that the second my brain unscrambles itself, I will make this assholes life a living hell. Well, I guess he's already lived in hell, but you get the point.

Perhaps I was too lost in thought to notice, but I had, most likely, inevitably ended up back on Leon's hip. Grumbling, I kicked my feet out, desperately trying to detach myself from the madman. Even with a groggy head and an immediate want to be away from him, I had to admit, he was incredibly warm. So much so that if I wasn't about to have a panic attack, I would probably fall asleep right here, right now.

The beast grunted as he set me on my feet, large hands settling on my waist as he pulled me closer to him. I shouldn't have been as comfortable as I was, but I felt myself slipping into a state of calmness regardless. Well, that was until I heard a snicker from abreast of me. I scowled, flipping off the green-haired heathen behind me. The monster looked me dead in the eyes and snarled. I tried pulling from Leon, but his hands held me in place as he let out an excruciatingly long sigh.

"Times almost up, dude. Have fun with the little fiend in the car, cause I'm riding on the fucking roof if I have to."

"Shut up, it is what it is, ill strap you down to the seat and gag you if that's what needs to happen." The other demon gurgled oddly; shivering and whispering something I couldn't quite make out. Soon, my head began to pound. Suffering from a migraine at a time like this?! Pulling away from Leon softly, I hobbled my way over to the veranda, taking a seat on the stairs with a plop.

I spaced out for what felt like hours, watching Leon talk to who I assume is the director of the camp for nearly an hour. Eventually, I started getting antsy; curiosity killed the cat. I prop myself up enough on the railings to successfully raise, albeit on shaky knees.

The scent of blood was still lingering heavily in my nostrils, forcing me to smell the death of so many with every breath of life I take. My tear ducts stung as salty water threatened to leak; a little girl, maybe 7, stood just a few meters away, bloodied and bruised, yet she still held a smile. I smiled back to her, taking a few steps forward and crouching down to her hight. Her dark blond hair had been matted with blood, and her pale skin drenched.

"I've never seen you here before, mister. Are you knew?" She smiled as she spoke, dirt ridden teeth picking out from her top lip. She was nothing short of adorable, standing less the 4'3, and with her hands shoved behind her back as if she was hiding something. Her aqua blue eyes gleamed in the light as she turned to rest her weight on one foot.

"Yeah, I am. My names Max, what's yours?"

"Eli! Momma told me not to talk to anyone here, but you're so sweet, mister! Momma was totally wrong."

"No, Hon, your mum wasn't wrong. You shouldn't try to talk to anyone here; I'm the only exception, yeah?"

"But why, mister?" She asked, curling her head downwards with an adorable pout. I couldn't help but reach upward toward her head, messing up her already knotted locks.

"The people here are mean yeah? Where's your Mum, huh?"

"She's back home!"

My smile dropped. Yeah, home. This was all the little girl had ever known, of course, it would be home to her.