Chapter Five: Surprise Rain

TORI'S POV

"You little--" Justin began but stopped in mid sentence because someone had barged into the hotel room. When I looked over Justin's shoulder, I saw Caitlin standing in the doorway, her jaw clenched tightly. In her hand she was holding two aspirins and a glass of water. Justin turned around, his face now stricken with shock.

"Caitlin! Why are you--" but he was cut off once again because Caitlin talked over him.

"I could hear you two yelling from my room! You went and got drunk and now you're taking it out on Tori! What the heck Justin?" she shouted at her boyfriend of two years.

"I'm not taking it out on her!" Justin yelled back, rage evident on his face. "Why would you think that?"

"Because I could hear you both yelling! Tori," she turned her attention to me, pushing past Justin and walking over to me. "What happened?"

"Stuff. That's it," I replied with a shrug. Caitlin pointed to the cheek that Justin had slapped.

"What happened to you?" she asked, worry laced in her tone of voice.

"It's nothing," I lied. "I just tripped and hit my cheek on the bedpost earlier. That's all."

"If you say so," she said. "C'mon Justin. Go to sleep. Take the aspirin, drink the water, and go sleep. You have a concert tomorrow, you know," Caitlin said, quickly turning her attention to Justin.

"Okay baby," Justin said as he took the water and pills from her. He popped the pills into his mouth and downed them with a big swig of water.

Caitlin took Justin's hand and led him out of the room, careful to hold on tightly to his wrist so that he wouldn't stumble. The last words I heard before I got got up and closed the door was Justin saying, "Dang babe. You're sexy when you're angry." I closed the door and rolled my eyes. Once a guy, always a guy.

Instead of going to sleep, I walked into the bathroom to examine my cheek. Sure enough, there was a giant red mark on my right cheek. I'm praying that it won't be noticeable tomorrow because I don't wear foundation. I don't even own any! And if there's still a mark tomorrow, that's going to cause a bunch of questions and I'm not ready for that.

***

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder. I groaned and opened my eyes. "Hey cupcake," Austin said. "I brought you some breakfast."

"Thanks," I said as a smile broke out on my face. "Is cupcake my new nickname?" I couldn't help but ask that question.

"Yeah," he blushed. "I mean if you don't like it, it can be something else!" he quickly added.

"No. It's perfect," I told him and then gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

He handed me a tray filled with scrambled eggs, toast, strawberries, and a glass of orange juice. He sat next to me on my bed. "How did you get into my room, Austin?" I asked.

"I asked the front desk for an extra key," he replied.

"So you snuck into my room?" I exclaimed with a laugh.

"Yup. What're you going to about it," he challenged with a playful smirk on his lips.

"This," I said as I picked up a jelly covered piece of toast. Before Austin even had time to figure out what I was about to do, I smeared some jelly on his nose. "You're Rudolph!" I exclaimed, referring to the red jelly on his nose.

Austin laughed. "I guess that you could say that." He took his finger and wiped the jelly from his nose. "Yum."

"Hey, what's that?" Austin asked in a concerned tone.