Chapter 14: Pieces of Writing

JUSTIN'S POV

If you never try, you'll never know.

That's what was running through my head as I frantically searched the Internet to find the nearest airport. Once I found the one that I thought Caitlin might be at, I checked the time the flight to Atlanta would have left.

The word delayed stared at me in big, bold letters. It was like a gift from God. I needed to find her, show her the song, and tell her that when I say things when I'm mad, they're not from the heart. I don't think, I get caught up in the heat of the moment. And my mouth is the wood that is feeding the flame.

I took a deep breath and wrote down the airport's address. I'm running there. Who cares if anyone sees me out and about at one in the moring? I have my reason for doing this, and it's a very big reason. I shoved the song in my back pocket and sprinted down the stairs, out the lobby doors, and into the dead of night.

Luckily for me, I saw zero flashes as I was running to the airport. But, the wind blowing in my eyes was making my eyes water. The worst part was, I didn't even know if those were real tears or if they were just from the wind.

Once I got to the airport, I ran inside and told the lady at the check in about my sticky situation. She said that she'd be glad to direct me to the waiting area for flight 609.

I saw Caitin's face staring blankly into space, emotionless. That's when I knew that she was trying to hold back tears. And it was all because of me. "Caitlin?" I choked out.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Crap. A tear escaped. "I'm so, so sorry. I went to your room to see if you wanted to hear what I'd written, and you weren't there. I'm sorry that I've been blind lately. I haven't paid attention to you and I'm sorry. Caitlin, I love you, dang it. And if that doesn't prove it, then this will." I handed her the song and she began to read, tears spilled from her beautiful eyes.

"Justin, I'm sorry. I overreacted. I should've just given you time to calm down and not have yelled at you like that. I'm sorry."

"Stop saying that, love. If I wouldn't have said that my career is more important than you, none of this would've happened. It's all my fault. You're everything to me. My moon, my stars, my sun. Caitlin, you're my whole universe! And, I love you for it. Please come back."

"Yes, Justin. I will." I grabbed her bags for her. That's when I saw all the phones out taking videos.

"Feel free to post that on social media," I said to them. "Everyone can know how much I love my girlfriend and I won't be mad if the world knows that we fought last night. All I care about is that I have my girl back." I gave Caitlin a peck on the forehead.

"Justin," a little girl who was about eight with blond hair and blue eyes walked up me. She was wearing jeans, a t-shirt with a heart on it, and was holding out a piece of paper and a pen. "Can you sign this for me?"

I chuckled. "Sure sweetheart." I bent down to her level and signed the paper. "Isn't it past your bedtime?" I asked her. She nodded and smiled. "I have another question for you."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Can I be your first kiss?" She nodded quickly and I gave her a kiss on the cheek. She was all smiles now. The little girl motioned for me to come closer. "Yeah?"

"Your girlfriend's pretty," she whispered in my ear.

"But not as pretty as you," I told her. Then, her mom called her back. As she was walking back, she looked over her shoulder and waved. I waved back.

"What did she tell you?" Caitlin asked after she'd walked away.

"She said that you were pretty."