prologue

jungkook wasn't always 'obsessed' with babying his hyung, yoongi. it was something that happened once and he simply did not wanna quit. everyone always looked at yoongi as the "smallest baby" but they never took it as literal as the maknae did.

though, it of course wasn't always that way. it began happening in early 2016, whenever they started getting more recognition from american armies and their overall fandom began to grow larger.

it all started because of a simple run! bts episode, they were dressing up in onesies while doing a stupid challenge, which lead to yoongi ending up hurt for about two weeks.

it was jungkooks fault and he felt awful for it. they were just having fun but, he wasn't necessarily so gentle and got out of hand.

_________________

"hey! i want the blue one!" the doe eyed boy whined, gripping the blue onesie from yoongi.

that resulted in his eyes being rolled and him just giving the boy the dang flipping blue onesie. "the white and pink ones cute too." jin teased as he threw the last one to yoongi.

he pouted, "the dark blue one is much better." he huffed but didn't hesitate to take the other. "stop bickering. just put them on." namjoon said as he slipped his green/purple suit on right over his clothes.

the rest did the same, of course complaining while doing it. "its so soft." taehyung smiled as he rubbed the red fabric.

"get in groups of.. two." jin annouced, so it was joon x taehyung, hoseok x jimin, and yoongi x jungkook.

that once again left yoongi unsatisfied, "i got the worst player. i wanna team with hobi." he complained. "we don't even know the game, i could come in handy, hyung."

jin held the microphone in his hand, "each challenge will have a different task and obstacle. it will have 3 levels, and whichever group wins, each one will play against me. whoever wins gets a kiss from me." he playfully, yet flirtingly said.

a moment of silence was after that, which lead to everyone hearing joon whisper "you better play good." to tae.

despite the eldest blushing now, he started announcing the obstacles and tasks.

"level one. hold a plate full of food, beware. the food is heavy; but the person you'll carry on your back while doing so is even heavier." he said which made all of them groan.

"jimin is small!" hoseok shouted, only to be smacked by his teammate. "yoongi is smaller. and i got muscles." jungkook squinted his eyes, with all confidence that they'd win.

"vmon is screwed." yoongi mumbled, knowing  how awful theyll be for a game like this. suddenly he was happy that the maknae was his teammate for this.

"group 1, hoseok x jimin, first."

they got ready, "jimin, since you'll be on hoseoks back, you have to climb up there with the plate in your hand, and you can't drop anything."

"who let jin make the challenges for this?" was heard faintly from joon, yoongi and jimin both snickered.

hoseok sighed, "what will we be carrying?" and then jin put the mic down (mic drop, mic drop) going into their item room.

"so i gotta carry it here.. with you on me, then i somehow have to hand it to you and you have to climb up there?" hoseok questioned, receiving a nod from the younger boy.

he just shrugged and looked as jin carried the tray of a big... marble on it?

"you said it was food!" jimin hollered, already flustered. "you can barely carry it, hyung." taehyung suddenly felt completely destroyed.

they were all complaining now, "this is stupid." yoongi pouted. 'its okay, we got this.' jungkook whispered, patting his back.

team jihope went first, 2nd was yoonkook, and then vmon.

as expected, jihope was awful. they took 4 minutes to complete it and.. failed.

"yoongi and jungkook next!" jin announced. "what are the onesies for?" the second oldest couldn't help but to ask, "they make it harder for you to walk and hold on." hoseok laughed.

he nodded while trying to as steadily as possible get on jungkooks back, the maknae held the tray with the marble, having no struggle with it. just holding the other on his back was a little hard.

yoongi had a panicked feeling about this. he didn't wanna hurt kook, so he was as careful as possible.

"can you beat jihope time wise?" jin asked, "i got this." he said confidently as he started sprinting across the room, yoongi held onto his shoulders and closed his eyes.

he completed all 4 laps around the room with the marble, "now you have to climb up there, with this, hyung." he tried handing the tray to him.

he gulped as he tried grabbing the tray from the boy, but jungkook being jungkook started bouncing him around.

"stop that." he gripped onto him, "then hurry, or i'll do it more." he quipped. yoongi meticulously tried grabbing the tray as his knee was sitting against the top of the little thing they had to climb upon.

he almost had it, but the youngest kept moving which caused him to lose grip and fall back.

too much happened at once, yoongi yelled of fright as he felt himself lose grasp of both the stand and jungkook.

he fell on the ground, his head hitting one of the chairs and his nose slammed off of jungkooks coconut head.

and the damn ball fell right on his already messed up leg, jungkook moved quickly before trying to help his hyung.

"jeon jeongguk!" namjoon yelled as he ran up to make sure the poor boy was alright.

guilt took over the maknae, he went over to yoongi and leaned down. "just a nosebleed?" he asked, hoping that it looked worse than it was.

the leader grabbed his arms and held him up, pumping his chest gently yet forcefully. "you knocked the air out of him." he said rudely.

"I'm fine.. i'm fine." yoongi said loosely, despite his chest and leg currently killing him.

jimin came running with the first-aid kit, "hyung, his leg." he tried pushing up the pants but he squealed and slapped his hand away. "oh don't touch it." he bit his lip.

"its swelling.." jimin frowned, "we have to pull it up to see if its broken. it doesnt look too good, you twisted it and then the marble fell on it.." namjoon said, "it hurts too much."

the others tried staying back, even jungkook. he felt terrible, he was told to stop but he just didn't.

"I'm sorry, my challenge was stupid." jin apologised, "its not your fault. the challenge wasn't stupid, it was fun." he looked up, even though being in pain he gave him a gummy smile.

"I'm really sorry hyung, i didnt wanna hurt you. that wasn't my intention at all." jungkook ran his fingers through his hair, looking down at their injured band-mate.

before yoongi could accept his apology, namjoon began to speak, saying "its definitely broken."

that made him feel worse, "its all my fault." he mumbled. "jimin, please get me a tissue." he looked at him, so he handed him one.

"your nose is still bleeding." he handed him the tissue to try and stop the bleeding, "we'll have to go to the hospital. can you stand up?" he asked while he, himself stood up.

yoongi knew he could, but he didnt wanna. it hurt really bad. "i don't wanna just yet. it hurts way too much." he frowned.

that rest of the entire day jungkook babied and cared for his hyung, and apologised a lot. sure it was just a mistake but he felt so awful for it.

a week after he still cared for him much more than before, because he pitied him and he really just enjoyed it.

even once he got better, the special treatment didn't stop. it never really did.. it just slowly got worse.