Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"You're kidding me," Brandon deadpanned, disbelief clear in his confused expression.

I looked at Tyler, and we burst out laughing. We had told everyone at the table that we were actually fake dating-they asked why but we refused to tell them, which would be embarrassing-a few laughed while others just looked at us like 'seriously'.

"So, did you break up because you are actually dating now, or . . . ?" Brandon trailed off.

"No, no, no," I flush bright red. "We aren't dating."

Tyler just shrugs. I gape, punching his arm weakly. He didn't even flinch, he just looked down with an amused smirk on his lips wondering if that really was my hardest punch.

No, of course not, I'm not that mean.

Yes, it was. I'm weaker than a feather.

"Dime otra vez por qué somos amigos?" I poked my tongue out at Tyler. He mimicked me, his green eyes twinkling with happiness. (Tell me again why we're friends?)

Seeing Tyler happy is something that you would want to see on repeat. He gets this look in his eye, and his genuine boyish smile shows. I would take seeing him happy and teasing me than down in the dumps and depressed like he's been all morning. I wonder what he thinks about our 'break up'.

"Espera, cuando hemos sido amigos?" He smirks. I resist pushing him off his chair. (Wait, since when have we been friends?)

"Porque me amas y yo soy fabulosa," I flick his forehead. (Because you love me and I'm fabulous)

"Eres tan fabuloso como un burro muerto," he snorts in amusement. (You're as fabulous as a dead donkey)

"Regresa lo que dijiste," I glare at him straight in the eyes. He smiles boyishly, his dimple showing on his left cheek. I've always been a sucker for dimples. (You take that back)

"No."

"Si."

"No."

"Si."

"No."

"Si," I glare furiously. I'm not actually furious-I'm actually having heaps of fun fighting with him-but I'm making it out as if I am even though he knows I'm not. It's kind of hard to pretend to be angry, because I'm fighting off the smile that is tempting me to show.

Tyler was about to retaliate, but Austin, who was sitting a few seats down from him, interrupted. "I know what you're saying, you know?" He fights back a laugh, "You even fight like a bunch of sissy's in Spanish. Now that takes talent. Now I definitely don't regret Grandma teaching us Spanish because I would miss out on you guys fighting all the time."

"What are they saying?" Nate whines, he bangs his head against the cafeteria table. Nothing makes Nate annoyed more than us speaking Spanish in front of him. He gets so confused and it's so cute. Heck, nearly all boys look cute when they're confused.

"I heard love, donkey and fabulous," Emily pats Nate's shoulder as if to say 'I know you suck at Spanish, but I love you anyway'. Okay, it probably didn't mean that but I'm going to think to myself that it did. It's so cute that my two best friends like each other.

"You heard right," I snort in laughter. "Ten points to you Emily. I need to teach you things other than swear words," I winced. All I did was teach her how to say shit, horny, crap etc. The usual, you know.

"Thanks, I really needed those ten points," she fake sniffles, wiping away the non-existent tears from her eyes. "I know Gryffindor would be proud of me."