Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Before I knew it, Sunday progressed as quick as it came, and it was time for the first game of the season. Tyler was a bundle of nerves, jigging and fidgeting like a cat on acid. Nate wasn't much better either, whereas Clark was as calm as a guy who just got laid.

Oh right, he did just get laid.

Unfortunately, Clark likes to tell everyone and anyone his sex life, meaning I heard about his latest conquest in bright pink underwear. I never knew boys could be so detailed ...

Nevertheless, Emily was dressed in Nate's Jersey while I wore Tyler's, ripped jeans and, you guessed it, converse on my feet. Since it was starting to get cold, I brought a thick jumper just incase I froze while sitting on the bleachers of Octavia High's football field.

The whole field was lit up with the overhead lights, and the boisterous sounds of fans, parents and friends echoed loudly. The Octavia Bears were still in the locker rooms getting changed and doing their pre-game rituals since the game is due to start in around half an hour last time I checked.

Emily and I arrived earlier since we came in the same car as Nate and Tyler, who had to be here early enough so that they could set up last minute things. Even though we weren't particularly interested in football, we managed snag the best seat in the house, close enough to touch the team as they sat on the bench.

Alongside Emily and I, Eloise and a few other girls had joined us. The other girls were other team members girlfriends, and I took great notice in seeing that a girl was, in fact, wearing Clark's Jersey.

I'd never met her before, only seen her around the odd amount of times. I know that she's really quiet and sometimes gives off the shy loner vibe, but she looked nice and pretty in a fragile way.

Clark is going to break and scar her, that is all I can think as I stare at her thin, frail frame. Emily thinks so to judging by the way she pinched me and inconspicuously pointed to her. By that I mean that Emily flat out pointed to her, thank god she didn't see.

A girl called Ebony had also joined us, claiming to be dating Eli. Eli is immature as all hell and swears like a trooper. He has no filter and I don't think he cares. Ebony is, to say the least, really pretty. She's curvy and would be considered 'bigger' in terms nowadays, but Eli isn't one to judge or care. I think he's just glad that someone can see behind his potty mouth.

My phone vibrated in my pocket, gesturing I had just received a text. I never have my phone off silent, because I always get texts at the worst of times. Plus, Tyler changed my ringtone to some inappropriate song and I have no clue how to change it back since I'm not very 'intellectual' when it comes to modern technology.

It's a text from Tyler. I unlock my phone, typing in my password which is Tyler's name. He changed my password and my background to a picture of him and I from last week. It was at homecoming while we were driving there. I tried to get one of those couple pictures, but he decided to lick my cheek. I looked like I was ready to sneeze in it, but it was a decent photo and it really resembled our crazy relationship.

Meet me under the bleachers in 2 - Mr Sexy Boyfriend

I quickly told Emily that I was going to the toilet and I would be back in five. She nodded, too busy texting Nate. I jump off the bleachers, wrapping my arms around my torso to stop the cold that was numbing my fingers slowly.

At Octavia, behind the bleachers are where all the 'suss' activities happen. Teachers are told to watch out for them all the time since students always seem to be found during class time under them kissing or doing other rule-breaking activities.