Epilogue

Epilogue

"Just five more minutes and we will be there," Tyler's soothingly calm voice sounds from the drivers seat. "I promise, now shut the hell up before I shove a chicken bone down your throat."

Zero to one hundred real quick, Tyler. To think this was meant to be a romantic date. It sure as hell won't be romantic if I have a KFC chicken bone lodged in my esophagus, oh joy.

I adjusted the blindfold that was resting limply over my eyes. Sure, it was messing up the small amount of makeup I have on, but Tyler couldn't care less, muttering something about 'you'll probably sweat it all off later'. Of course, he's still as dirty minded as he was three years ago in senior year of high school.

God, it feels so long ago that we first started dating. When we used to hate each other – no loathe each other's guts – and now we throw around the big 'L' word like its no big deal. We still have times where we want to throw each other off a double story building, apparently making us the most hilarious couple on the college campus the way we bicker like idiots. Tyler wasn't meant to go to college, but the idiot changed his mind and decided that he wanted to become a children's therapist. God knows how he changed his mind from being a mechanic to working with children. I don't even think he knows himself. Meanwhile I'm studying to be a Spanish teacher, my mind has been pretty much set on it since I was a little kid. Being in our last year of college, we'll have to move out of the dorm and probably get an apartment and become ... grown ups. Ha! Tyler has the mental age of a five year old, this will be fun.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours, cake batter?" Yes, the nickname has stuck and god sometimes is it embarrassing but it's original and cute.

"Just thinking about how I want to jump your sexy ass," I smirk, "Nah kidding, why would I want to do that?"

"Excuse me, look at this sexy hunk of babe," Tyler scoffs and I can pretty much hear the smugness in his voice.

"Well, I'm currently blindfolded so that's out of the picture, if you drove a bit quicker then maybe I could see your sexy hunk of babeness." I retort sarcastically, pulling the hem of my tight dress down. Tyler had bought a dress and heels for me for this date – god knows why but I'm not complaining – and sure they were a little revealing but he threatened to throw out my Xbox if I didn't wear them and I can't have that happening so...

He picked out a classic little black dress. The dress was tight, two inches above my knees and with a high neckline and no back along with classy white heels. He didn't do too bad, but he's asking for me to face plant with forcing me into heels. On the other hand, Tyler is wearing a black suit so I'm guessing it's somewhere fancy? Wow, no shit Nova, we're probably going to McDonald's.

I feel the car start to slow down and then next minute we have stopped. I let out a loud excited squeal, probably deafening my boyfriend but I don't care cause he's a pain sometimes too.

Next thing I know my door has been opened and Tyler takes my hand. "I won't let you fall over, trust me," he whispers in my ear as he closes the door shut. He has a light hold on my middle back leaving tingles running up my spine. Ugh, they still haven't gone away even after four damn years.

We talk for the next two to three minutes while we walk to wherever it is he's taking me. It's not too cold thankfully, cause I didn't have a jacket and it so wouldn't go with my dress.

Before I know it, my blindfold is loosened and pulled off from around my eyes. I look up to see Tyler's blue-y green eyes, and his dimples popping out from smiling. His brown hair is disheveled intentionally, and boy does my boyfriend look hot.

"Oh mi se esta hacienda calor aqui," I fan my face, letting out a deep breath.

"I just have that effect," Tyler winks, before turning me around to see where he had taken me.

He had brought me to a gazebo overlooking a midnight blue lake. The gazebo is covered in fairy lights, looking like golden twinkling stars casting their shadow onto the lake. In the middle of the gazebo is a small table with two chairs with plates, cutlery and a bottle of champagne sitting in an ice bucket. I gasp loudly, looking from the gazebo to the lake, then back again in a daze.

"Oh my god," I say breathlessly, clutching Tyler's arm. "It's so beautiful." A tear escapes my left eye; I disregard it and look up to see Tyler's expression.

"You're leaking," he chuckles, running his finger over my cheek to stop the tear in its tracks. "This may be beautiful, but by far the most beautiful thing here is you."

I raise an eyebrow. "Since when are you corny? You're either dirty minded or cute, never ever are you all romantic."

"I'm a changed man," he bites his lip to hold back a laugh.

A giggle escapes my lips and I shake my head at him. "You're such a dork."

He shrugs, "I'm your dork." He leans forward and plants a soft kiss on my lips. It makes my toes curl and shivers run up my spine. It's the kind of kiss that taunts you cause all you want is more, more, more. "Oh my god, look!" Tyler points to the sky, "A shooting star."

"What?" I gasp, turning around to look at the night sky. Dark blue dotted with little white stars illuminating onto the lake. I don't think I have ever seen anything more beautiful. "I missed—"

I turn around, only to see Tyler down on one knee.

"Holy shit," I scream.

"November Rain Lockheart. You are the biggest nugget I have ever met, the most gorgeous girl who sends the ugliest Snapchats. You make me want to kiss you endlessly but at the same time stab you with a dinner fork. I guess that's why I love you so much. So, Nova, will you marry me?"

"Wait." I hold a finger up.

"Wait? What?" Horror falls upon his face.

"My Snapchats are so not ugly," I put my hands on my hips. Sure I have an endless amount of chins, but I am a sex bomb. "Oh, and yes. Booger. I will marry you."

"For fuck's sake, you scared the shit out of me," Tyler lets out a breath that I think he was holding that whole time. "Oh, right. The ring. I nearly forgot," he laughs nervously.

I hold my hand out and he slides onto my left hand ring finger a beautiful gold band ring with diamonds encrusted in the middle and a three diamonds in the middle, two on the outside being smaller than the one of the middle.

I burst out in tears when I look at it. "Oh my god, it's so pretty." I wail like a little baby, jumping into Tyler's arms when he gets off his knee. "I love you so much Tyler."

"I love you so much too, Mrs. Bradford to be."

And that's the story of Nova and Tyler. It all started with a little bit of matchmaker skills, a lot of hate, a little bit of love and some pretty amazing stolen kisses.

I don't think I would ever change it for the world.