chapter 6

Raegan

-

god when i saw them holding hands i fucking lost it. i ran to my car and started driving away. now i'm halfway to my house but i'm pulled over on the side of the road just sitting here. i hate that kid so goddamn much. i take my notebook and pencil out and start drawing.

yeet

i got distracted while drawing and it ended up being a patch of flowers but one is dead. it's off too the side and all the others are bunched together. i sigh and put my stuff away. i start my car and drive back to school.

once i get to school i go in the back way and go to 7th hour. there's only like ten minutes left anyways so. i sit next to justin and smile slightly, pulling my phone out and getting on it.

"oh hey raegan. we didn't do anything today. it was a free day. so you didn't miss anything." Mrs.H tells me.

"oh okay." i reply and go back to my phone.

"where did you go rae?" justin asks.

"left for a bit." god i hate being short with him.

"oh. where'd you go?" he touches my shoulder, trying to get me to look at him.

"my car." i reply.

"that all?" he asks.

"yep." i say and look at him. he smiles at me and my eyes immediately go to his lips. fuck.

"wanna hang out later? we can go to the park?" he asks.

"why don't you ask tyler?" i say and immediately regret it.

"uhm..." he says.

"shit. i'm sorry." fuck. i fuck everything up. "yes i want to hang out later and yes we can go to the park." i say.

"okay.." he says. he leans against me and sighs. i close my eyes and the bell rings.

i stand up fast, causing his head to fall. "sorry." i rush out and start going to my eighth hour. i run down the hall being stopped by the schools guidance counselor.

"hey raegan!" she says, putting her hand on my shoulder.

"hey."

"how have you been lately?" she asks, walking me to my class.

"i've been good. how've you been?" i ask, trying to get her to stop talking to me. i get so nervous when i talk to her.

"i've been okay. how about you come into my office some time this week and talk to me about your friend?" she asks.

"which one?" i ask confused.

"justin blake." she says. oh shit.

"okay... why..?" i ask.

"well, we can talk about this later." she says and smiles. i nod and walk off. i get to my class and i sit down. Art. how fun. i sit at the back and jack walks over to me. he sits next to me and smiles.

"you good?" he asks.

"uh yeah. Ms.K asked if she could talk to me about justin later this week." i say with my brows furrowed.

"damn. what about?" he asks.

"um i don't know. she says we'll talk about it later." i reply. he nods and pulls out his binder, opening it and starting to draw. i do the same.

wtf 🙄

after art i go to my locker and put all the shit in there and start walking out. i get to the front of the school and go to my bus. i see justin in his car and i walk over to him. i knock on the window and he rolls it down. "want a ride?" he asks.