Captive

Berlin, German

1940

"I MUST INSIST THAT I CHECK ON her," Dr. Abraham Erskine followed Johann Schmidt through the corridors of their testing facility. It was only mere hours ago that the leader of Hydra had marched into their facility with a woman in his arms. Johann had instantly brought the woman to a secluded room where she now rested, still unconscious. As soon as he had heard that Johann had brought a possibly wounded woman into the building, Abraham wanted to see her immediately. He was still slightly hazing on what her conditions were, but he wanted to make sure that she was still living! "I wish to make sure that this woman is in a stable condition."

Johann continued to march down the hallway and barley looked at Abraham. Dr. Erskine had been working with Hydra for a short time and proved to annoy Johann quite a bit. He opposed Johann with every decision he made and even laughed at his goal of trying to find the Tesseract. However, now that Johann had this woman, who he was certain would lead him to the tesseract, there was no way that the doctor could ignore the fact that the tesseract was out there somewhere. Especially now that his mysterious woman knew about it.

"I can assure you, Dr. Erskine, she is perfectly fine and is being supervised," Johann explained in a monotone voice. "If there is any changes in her condition then we will know."

Abraham still shook his head, "I still want to see her."

Johann stopped in the middle of the corridor and stared at the other scientist. His stare was calculating and hard. He desperately wanted to prove the doctor wrong, but he also didn't want to allow him to see the woman. The unnamed woman was his discovery! And if she proved to be vital to his search for the Tesseract, then he didn't want anyone else getting involved.

"Just let me take a look at her," Abraham continued to plead, "it will only take a few minutes."

Johann puckered his lips and glared at the older man, "you have five minutes with her..." He started to walk down the corridor again. Abraham was hot on his heels as satisfaction and relief washed over his face. He didn't think that Johann was going to agree to let him see the woman, but he was relieved that Johann was at least permitting him to see her.

Johann begrudgingly lead the doctor to a door that opened to reveal a small room. It contained a few pieces of technology that was being used to monitor the poor woman who rested on a bed in the middle of the room. "Five minutes." Johann instructed before allowing Abraham to enter the room and closing the door roughly.

As soon as the door closed, Abraham set off to work quickly and diligently. He found a few medical instruments around the room and started to check her over. He could not find any bruises on her body along with no signs of internal damage. He quickly started to speculate if something was wrong with her head. Perhaps she had hit her head? She may have a concussion. However, he couldn't really find any signs of that either. He also tried many times to wake her up only to fail.

However, he decided to see if he could run any tests on her. He pulled out a needle and delicately stuck it into her pale arm. He was worried that it was far too easy for him to find a vein as they decorated her skin predominantly. Abraham was worried that the woman was slowly dying. He knew that the cold also didn't help her situation as well.

Once he was done collecting a few needles of blood, he searched for some blankets and wrapped them around the unconscious woman. He watched the woman for a moment and studied her. She was such a pretty girl. He had no idea why she was found on the outskirts of the city with unsuitable clothes for the cold and who fell unconscious. She looked like an angel. He was just glad that she was at least living.