Howling Commandos

Yay! Another chapter done! It actually feels soooooo good to get back into seriously writing. I have found my motivation once again after so long. This chapter's done, I got Red Herring updated, I'm finishing up a Living Shadow chapter which i'm thinking of updating this week, I'm working on Ups and Down once more, and I have some new ideas that I'm getting done! WOOOOO i'm so proud of myself, I feel like myself once again. Ok done with my little rant, hope you like this chapter ^-^

***

THE LONG WALK BACK TO ALLY TERRITORY was just as rewarding as it was tiring. While there were many men who were rescued from the Hydra base, there were still plenty of casualties of brave soldiers. Many men were also severely wounded in their escape. Thankfully they hijacked some of Hydra's tanks and used them to transport those who were unable to walk due to injuries. Overall, it was quite the success. Hopes were high now that Captain America was leading this troop back to safety.

Walking side-by-side, Delphia and Steve leaned against each other as they marched alongside everyone else. The two were leading the pack of survivors back to base. Both of them were sure glad to find that they had made it out alive alongside plenty of free men. It was an intense escape for everyone, so they were all relieved to find that they could finally get back home.

Ever since Steve had risked his life and jumped over an exploding chasm, Delphia hadn't wanted to let him out of her sight. She had quite nearly exposed herself to not be human just to see if he was going to be safe. However, he surprised her by jumping over that gap with no injury to him, which she thanks any and every celestial being for that happening. The serum really did help enhance Steve to be beyond human at this point. She had been so relieved to see him safe as they all escaped. She wouldn't have been opposed to Steve knowing the truth about her, after all, she confided in him about the abuse she suffered while in the hands of Hydra. Sure, she isn't certain how he's going to react to it, but she hoped he would have at least heard her out about it. So if the chance arose again, she might just reveal herself to him. Only time would tell.

"You all right, Delphia?"

Steve's question pulled Delphia out of her thoughts. Her large hazel eyes turned up to look at him as she hummed in reply, "Hm, yes, of course. Just lost in thought."

He stared at her with worry on his face, "You sure? I'd think you'd be pretty shaken up after what happened." After all, a lady like her shouldn't have to face war like this. She shouldn't be put in the middle of this, in his opinion. Not that he didn't think she could hold her own or be apart of the war, but being in the line of fire and on the front lines certainly wasn't safe. The last thing he wants is for her to be unsafe, after all. Though it was her decision, and she was physically fine now, but still. Steve hated the fact that Delphia had come along. She was stubborn though, there was nothing he could have said to get her to leave.

Delphia smiled at his worry, "I have fought in battles before." She stated factually, since she had fought alongside her family before. It really wasn't until recently (recently being the past 200 years) that her parents thought to have a bit tighter supervision on her due to her visions of the future increasing in severity and frequency. "However, I will admit this was... tough."

He surveyed her as they continued to walk, "Schmitt seemed to know you quite a bit."

"He held me captive for some time." She stated simply, a feeling of uncertainty washed over her, "All he ever did was try to get to know me." Delphia felt like it would be better to leave out a few facts about what really happened. After all, she wasn't going to mention that he kept her captive and interrogated her to find out more about her home and abilities.

Steve clenched his fist at that. Yet another thing to hate Schmidt for it seems. Why the German man wanted to hold her captive was a bit beyond him, but it still didn't make him less upset. He looked down to her with sympathy in his eyes, "I'm sorry that happened."