Raincheck

Yay! An update! I actually got this chapter done and the next few within a short amount of time, which means more Delphia content ^-^ This poor poor woman, we all know what's coming, I almost felt bad having to write it. But it's gotta happen :( anyway, I hope ya'll like it!

***

EVERYONE GATHERED AROUND THE MAIN TABLE IN the underground bunkers. Plans had to be made about what to do going forward. Now that they had captured Zola, a larger move could be made against HYDRA. Add in the fact that Schmidt would probably also make a big move now that his lead scientist had been taken.

"Johann Schmidt belongs in a bug house." Colonel Phillips said, "He thinks he's a God. He's willing to blow up half the world to prove it, starting with the USA."

"Schmidt's working with powers beyond our capabilities." Howard informed, "He gets across the Atlantic, he will wipe out the entire eastern seaboard in an hour."

Everyone swallowed thickly at the reminder of that. The tense atmosphere was near suffocating everyone in the room. The Howling Commandos, Peggy, Delphia, Howard, and a few other high ranking officers were sitting at the table. Other officers watched the brief from behind them, holding their breath at every piece of information that was being talked over.

"How much time we got?" Gabe Jones, a member of the Howling Commandos asked.

"According to my new best friend, under twenty four hours." Colonel Phillips grunted.

Another member of the Commandos, Jaques Dernier then asked, "Where is he now?"

Phillips held up a photo, "Hydra's last base is here. In the Alps. Five hundred feet below the surface."

"So, what are we supposed to do?" Jim Morta, a third member of the howling commandos, asked, "I mean, it's not like we can just knock on the front door."

"Why not?" Steve asked, bringing the attention to him. From the way that his jaw was clenched and a determined expression was on his face, everyone could tell that he was ready to do anything to defeat Schmidt. With his hardened stare he said, "That's exactly what we're gonna do."

From his expression and tough tone in his voice, Delphia knew that there was going to be no way to get Steve to change his mind. Delphia wasn't sure how things were going to go, but she was both anxious and ready to follow him in this battle.

As if Delphia was going to allow herself to be benched during this. It really was the last chance that the SSR most likely had to stop Schmidt. She would be a fool if she didn't try to get herself involved in it. After all, she has a year worth of vengeance brewing within her that has to be served to the Red Skull. Delphia would usually scold her brothers not to be blinded by something like revenge, but she can't help herself.

After being subjected to the torture that Schmidt had put her through, killing one of her frist Midgardian friends, and causing so much distress during this war, Delphia felt justified in her pursuit. The only thing was, she had to convince those around her to allow her to go. The most difficult person to convince would most likely be Steve.

So as everyone started to get their battle plans together, she made quick work to approach Phillips. "Colonel," she started with a strong conviction in her tone.

The man looked up from his paperwork before handing it to someone else, "yes, Ms. Delphia."

"I would like to help." It wasn't a question of whether she was helping or not. She made up her mind and that means she's going to join them on their venture.

Phillips already knew what that meant and clicked his tongue at her with a critical eye, "I sure hope that you don't mean to help us on the front lines."