Training

A/N: Wow, I actually finished this chapter. I've had it like halfway done for a long time and thought I could get it done today. And look at that, I did! I know there are a few people who want me to try and get Ups and Downs(the sequel to my Harry Potter story if you didn't know) finished and posted soon. I've been working on it for a long time and I'm trying to make sure that it's better than the story before it. Which takes time. I want to try and make sure that the storyline for it is concrete and makes sense. Plus, I have big plans for The Animagus Chronicles, which includes writing stories for the rest of the Harry Potter stories. So I'm making sure that everything is just how I need it to be. Besides, the first chapter should be up sometime next week, since I don't have any new school assignments to do at all this week! Now, I hope that this chapter is okay! Enjoy!

***

IN THE ISOLATED REACHES OF THE ALPS mountains, Hydra's base was filled with hundreds of soldiers running around trying to please their leader, Johann Schmit. The dreaded man who had made it his life's purpose to locate what he considered the end most powerful object that could end the war and ensure his victory. The Tesseract. Of course, he was able to find it eventually. After having to deal with an uncooperative princess and the betrayal of his last lead scientist, it made it even more satisfying to have the glowing cub within his possession.

He marched into one of the rooms that had many different machines decorating it. "Are you ready, Dr. Zola?"

"My machine requires the most delicate calibration." The stocky, balding scientist said to his superior while looking over his machine. The man, Dr. Arnim Zola, was the newest lead scientist for HYDRA. After Dr. Abraham Erskine had escaped with Princess Delphia, Johann had been furious. He instantly searched for the next best scientist who he could have complete control over. He certainly didn't want to have a repeat of his previous failure. "Forgive me if I seem overcautious."

Johann looked over some of the research that they had gathered about his most prized possession. He addressed the scientist with a drawl, "And are you certain that those conductors of yours can withstand the energy surge long enough for a transference?"

"With this artifact, I am certain of nothing." Dr. Zola turned to face his superior. "I fear it may not work at all."

Johann pulled out the box that he had acquired from Norway. He and Dr. Zola stared at it as he opened it up to allow the brilliant blue light of the Tesseract to pour out of it. The two were mesmerized by the cube and transfixed on it for a moment as Johann pick the cub up with a claw and placed it in the machine.

Dr. Zola turned the machine on, "Twenty percent. Forty. Sixty. Stabilizing at 70%."

Johann marched over to Zola and pushed him out of the way to take control. "I have not come all this way for safety, Doctor." Unlike Zola who had some restraint and common sense to make sure that the Tesseract was kept at a safe power level, Johann turned everything up to the maximum.

Bold blue lightning started to seep through the machine as well as the room which caused the two men to back up in slight fear. Something close to a distorted scream echoed in the room before the machine appeared to short circuit.

"What is that?" The short doctor asked in awe and slight fear once things became calm again.

Johann caught sight of the machine that his scientist was able to build and turned the man towards it. "I must congratulate you, Arnim." They had successfully collected the power from the Tesseract just like they wanted. "Your designs do not disappoint. Though they may require some slight reinforcement."