Dancing Monkey

Ayyy, I finally got this chapter done! It's been sitting in my drafts for so long and I finally got it all set! I just had a burst of writing today, and just was able to finish some more writing than usual. It was probably because I was stuck at home due to not feeling well. So I didn't have much else to do besides rest and write. Anyway, I hope that this chapter's good and ya'll like it!

***

PROCESSING DEATH ISN'T SOMETHING THAT DELPIA IS necessarily used to. On Asgard, her people are known for living extremely long lives, compared to Midgardians. Hell, Delphia is hundreds of years old and her brothers were even older than that. That's why they are considered gods. She's never had such a connection with a Midgardian as Abraham, and she knew that she would have to say goodbye to him sooner or later. She would live a far longer life than him but having him tragically ripped from her was far too much. He should have died a peaceful death, years later. Not now, after he just accomplished the one thing that he has spent most of his life trying to perfect.

She's known people who have died. Death is not something that you just can avoid, it's a part of life. Though there were so few that they barely even registered for her. Not only that but they were mainly when she was a child, a time that she doesn't remember completely. Her dreams and visions are also littered with the loss of life from time to time. Though they were short glimpses of people she did not know, and they were short, peaceful deaths. It wasn't until her... traumatic vision that brought her to Midgard that she was faced with seeing such horrid deaths. It was terrible having to see all of that. However, the guttural feeling of loss was overshadowing that at the moment.

Delphia currently sat on a bed, recovering from her wound. Thankfully the bullet had shot right through her shoulder and didn't hit any major arteries. So all that had to be done was to make sure that the bleeding stopped and to do a blood transfusion. Problem was, there was no way Delphia was going to let that happen. She's already had enough experience with people poking and prodding her in a lab. Not only that but if they were to try and transfuse blood into her or examine her own blood, they would find irregularities. The last thing she needed was for questions to be asked about her origin and the fact that she's not Midgardian.

So after keeping herself awake, she begged and pleaded with Peggy to keep them from treating her. As she was carted to the hospital, she tried to get her friend to just have them bandage her up and then let her rest. She's Asgardian, Delphia is able to regenerate and recover much faster than a Midgardian. So that's all she needed at the moment.

After arguing with Peggy over it, Delphia eventually got her way. All the nurses and Doctors at the SSR were allowed to do was clean her wound, stitch it up and bandage her. She was strictly told to stay in bed because they figured that she would be weak due to the blood loss and was monitored closely. Of course, she's used to having someone watch her every move so it didn't matter to her.

She was able to recover quick enough for her fair complexion to come back and for her healthy glow to appear. It baffled the doctors how she seemed to get better so fast, but they were more than happy to see it happen when they barely treated her. It certainly was against their advice to not go through with treatment, but they couldn't force it upon her if she vehemently denied it.

Peggy certainly wasn't happy with her though. Delphia had gotten a bit of a scolding from her for a bit. Much like a child would from their mother, which Delphia certainly felt like. Well, it didn't last long because Peggy knew that Delphia was drained, they all were. After that attack, and Abraham's death, everyone needed to recoup after it.

Delphia was quiet. She tried to keep herself together, but she was slowly starting to fall apart. After all, one of her closest friends on Midgard had just been murdered right in front of her. He died right next to her. Nobody was expecting her to keep herself together after all of this.