The Fall

A short chapter coming right up! We're getting to the end of this story here, as these are gonna be the last few chapters. I got into a Marvel sort of mood after watching a few marvel movies with friends the other day. Plus with this new job I just got, all I can do is write during the day lmao Hope ya'll like this chapter!

***

ONE SMALL THING THAT DELPHIA MISSES ABOUT her home would be getting her mother to brush her hair. It was a nightly ritual that the mother and daughter never missed and something Delphia looked forward to before sleeping. It allowed them to talk in private without the guards or the men of their family keeping an eye on them. It was a bonding moment between the two. Oh, how Delphia missed it. She misses her mother, her father, her brothers, everyone dearly. So she brushed her hair by herself. The silky, chestnut hair held in her hair was perfectly straight with no knots in it at all as she ran the brush through it. She sat on her bed in silence, idly brushing while thinking of her home.

Delphia was terribly homesick. Wishing to just be back home with her family, laughing with friends, enjoying feasts and watching her brother's bicker. She missed it all. What if she left now? Went home to leave this foreign place that she didn't have too many connections to.

At any moment she could walk outside, called to Heimdall and he could whisk her away. She could be back home in the blink of an eye if she so wished. As much as she would love to just leave, she can't. There are rules to her visions, ones she cannot break by any means. The visions that she had... She couldn't argue with them. Not only that but she... made connections here on Midgard.

Speaking of those connections, there was a light knock at her bedroom door. The room was quite small, but she appreciated that she was provided one to begin with. Tilting her head in confusion, Delphia stood up from her bed and opened the door. Stood on the other side, fidgeting in his stop, Steve stared as Delphia opened up.

"Steven?" She asked softly, a bit more than surprised to see him here.

The man swallowed thickly, nervousness coursing through his veins as he stared down at her. Steve honestly forgot what he was going to do now that he was staring into her eyes, completely lost in them. He also wasn't sure what he was going to do from this point on. Sadly, he didn't think this far ahead.

He cleared his throat, noticing that he had just been staring at her dumbfounded for a moment. "I wanted to come... apologize."

Delphia tilted her head, "apologize?"

Steve fidgeted with his hands for a moment as he tried to find his words, "About what happened earlier with um, that woman earlier."

"Oh," she said while shifting uncomfortably, "there is no need to apologize for that-"

"But I want to." He cut her off earnestly. "Delphia, it meant nothing, honestly." He seemed more than desperate to try and convince her of that fact. Really, Steve needed to make sure that his intentions were crystal clear.

"Steven, it does not matter to me if you are... interested in someone." Delphia cleared her throat, "You should not have to justify anything to me." They weren't courting, or anywhere near it. Perhaps they showed some curiosity between them and a development in their feelings. However, it would have to stay as nothing more than a passing fancy. With a war going on, it wasn't always the greatest thing to have a romance of any kind. Add in the factor of Delphia being an Asgardian and that made things far more complicated.

He shook his head, "She surprised me, kissed me before I could react. I promise you."

Delphia shook her head, "I still do not see-"