Rescue Mission

YES! I got this chapter done and can finally post it! This chapter has been sitting around for so long that it has cobwebs on it lol. I've just been so busy for a while and only focusing on like one or two other fics that I've neglected basically all of my other ones. Let's not even talk about my stranger things one cause that's... oop. Anyway, hope ya'll like this one!

***

PEGGY'S PLAN WAS TO FIND A PILOT to fly a plane over enemy lines. That pilot just so happened to be Howard Stark, who was more than happy to hop on a plane and help the star-spangled man across enemy lines. Really he jumped at the idea when the trio came to him. So now they were soaring through the night sky, intended to help Steve on his secret rescue mission.

"The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges," Peggy explained as she, Delphia, and Steve sat in the plane as it started to approach enemy air. "It's a factory of some kind."

At the front of the plane, Howard smirked with his dashing white teeth, "We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep."

"Just get me as close as you can," Steve told him while getting himself ready. "You know, you three are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab."

"And you won't?" Peggy chuckled lightly.

"Where I'm goin', if anybody yells at me I can just shoot 'em."

"They will undoubtedly shoot back."

"Well, let's hope it's good for somethin'," he knocked on his red, white, and blue shield.

"Agent Carter," Howard called from his pilot seat, "if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late-night fondue. Delphia, I would love it if you joined too." An awkward moment of silence washed over the trio in the back as Delphia shared a look with the other woman in a bit of confusion. What did he mean by that? She had no idea.

Peggy cleared her throat, "Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him."

Despite the fact that Peggy obviously wanted to move on from Howard's proposition, her friend appeared confused. Delphia's delicate eyebrows furrowed as she looked between her friends, "What does "Fondue" mean?"

Peggy shook her head and ignored the question while handing Steve something. "This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you."

Seeing that Peggy wanted to move on, and he did as well, Steve held the transponder up, "Are you sure this thing works?

"It's been tested more than you, pal," Howard called.

Suddenly, explosions started to shake their plane. Undoubtedly, they had been spotted by Hydra and they were attacking. The quartet in the plane braced themselves as they continued to rock from side to side due to the explosions and Howard trying to avoid them. Steve got up and hastily pulled open the door to the plane.

"Get back here!" Peggy exclaimed, "We're taking you all the way in."

"As soon as I'm free, you turn this thing around and get the hell outta here!"

"That will not happen, Steven!" Delphia exclaimed over the deafening sounds of the explosions. "You are not in charge of us!"

"The hell I can't! I'm a Captain!" Steve cheekily replied before jumping out of the plan and falling through the sky.

"His status means nothing to me," Delphia muttered to herself as she stood up in the rocking plane.

Peggy found that a determined expression overcame Delphia's delicate features. It appeared that she was also strapping on a parachute as well. That certainly alarmed her as she tried to stop her friend from continuing, "What are you doing, Delphia?!"