Part six: Tear

Natsu

I rush to the infirmary after what Wendy said.

"Y/N?!" I run over to her.

"Natsu get out-" Gajeel goes to say but I interrupt him.

"Shut up Iron head!" I sit on a chair near Y/N.

"Come on. You're not just gonna die on me like this aren't ya? Please come back..."

-Your POV-

I woke up in a dark place. A familiar aroma drifted through the room.

"Father..."

I hear a chuckle coming from the darkness.

"I'm surprised you can still call me that, even after my endless attempts to destroy you. You still call me your father." He slowly walks into the light.

"So..how was Warika treating you?" He asks, smirking.

"You know exactly how he treated me! You made him do it! It was all your-"

"Uh uh uh. The only one who is at fault here. Is you." He cuts me off.

"You know what is going to happen when spring comes yet...you still decide to join an official guild." He chuckles evilly and walks slowly around me.

"They're going to be terrified of you if you don't tell them sooner or later. Might as well get it out of the way than." I could feel his stare.

"If I tell them now then they will leave me like everyone else!"

"And if you don't tell them now. Then they are going to leave you too. You see no matter what you do. They are going to leave you. Alone. Just like the time I left your mother. To die."

"DO NOT SPEAK HER NAME!" I scream at him.

"Why? She was weak and didn't deserve the title of queen-" I cut him off.

"SHE LOVED YOU!! AND YOU LOVED HER! I COULD SEE THE LOOK IN YOUR EYES THE NIGHT YOU LEFT!! I SAW PAIN!!! I FELT YOUR PAIN YET YOU STILL TRY TO DENY THE FACT THAT YOU NEVER LOVED HER!! SHE SACRIFICED EVERYTHING!! For you....and what do you give her in return...death...I saw and felt your pain...I KNOW YOU FELT GUILT! AND REGRET! BECAUSE YOU LOVED HE-" He grabbed me by the neck and dragged me up the wall.

"You have no right to say that to me. You do not know how I feel. That spell is nothing but a myth. Now go back to your world. And return to your weak friends." Thats the last thing I heard from him before everything went black.

-Gajeel'a POV-

Y/N suddenly sat up, her eyes flew open and she was gasping for air.

"Y/N! Calm down! Please!" I run over to her and slowly pat her back.

"Gajeel....I...s-saw....I saw him..." Tears rolled down her face.

"Oh no.." I pulled her into my embrace.

"Wendy said you would be fully recovered once you woke up. Do you want to go out to the bar and get a glass of water or something?" I asked her, obviously concerned.

"Wow I never knew you I were so caring." She giggled into my embrace.

"Just answer it tiny."

"Fine let's go."

-Your POV-

As we walked out of the infirmary I was greeted by a tight hug.

"What the-"

"Y/N I thought you were dead!" Natsu....

"Ummm...well I'm not...so..." He just hugged me tighter.

"Wendy said your pulse stopped and we thought you were gone. But then it started again. What happened?" He asked pulling away from the hug and looking into my eyes.

"I...I saw my father." I whispered but loud enough so he could hear me.

"What..?" He did the same.

"Look I'll explain later, meet me near the docks tonight, I'll explain there." I whispered into his ear before walking away as the others started to introduce themselves to me.

-later that night-

"I met a lot of new people, I found out there was a celestial wizard in the guild, Erza is the queen of fairy's, Mira Jane is the She-devil and a lot of new things. It was amazing. I got my guild mark on my b/p in my favourite colour. I already love it here...I...just wish....you were here...mum...please tell me you can hear me...I saw dad...I don't exactly know how but...I did...." I say looking up into the sky, my legs dangling off of the egg of the dock and the calm breeze blowing against my skin.

"Why did you leave..? You should have just let Warika take me in the first place...then you wouldn't be like this....."My voice cracked as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I need you....I need you to guide me....I need you to help me....I need you to be able to see what I've become...I need you to protect me from myself..." Another tear.

"It's been 11 years since you died...I haven't forgotten you...not once...I miss you mom..." I play with my hands in my lap.

"I miss you...s-so m-much..." More tears.

"Y/N??" It's natsu...

"Oh hey Natsu.." I wipe my tears.

"You okay?"

"Yeah..come sit down."

-3 hours later-

For hours we talked. I explained everything and told him about my childhood. We joked. And for the first time in what seemed like forever. I smiled.

"Hey you smiled!" He showed me his toothy smile.

"Yeah I guess I did." I smiled warmly at him.

"Do you...have a place to stay?" He asked.

"No."

"Then you can stay with me."

"O-okay."

"By the way where's happy?"

"Oh I left him at home. Come one let's go." He grabbed my hand and led me to his house in the woods.

"This place is cute."

"Duh that's why I live here." He said slightly flicking his hair.

"How impressive. Mr Dragneel~." I say jokingly.

"I dare you to calm me that one more time."

"What? Mr Dragneel?" I say mockingly.

"Alright come here." He picks me up and throws me over his shoulder.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To my bedroom."

"OOooOooOooo~."

"Shut up shorty." I slightly smack his head.

"IM NOT SHORT! YOU'RE JUST TALL!!" I say.

"Sure." He throws me onto the bed.

"Now sleep."

"Only if you join me."

"Who knew the queen of dragons was so flirty."

"Oh says you dragon breath."

"You're a dragon too." He says, laying down next to me.

"Yeah but at least I have better breath."

"Just sleep you stubborn baby."

"Don't call me baby you weirdo!" I smack his arm.

"Okay okay can we sleep now??"

"Yes we can." I snuggle into his chest and drift of to sleep.

To be Continued...

Sorry for typos hehe 👋