Chapter 39

My eyes drink every inch of him in. His wavy hair has been fully tamed into submission, gently teased back off his face. I can't help but grin when I see that he's kept his trademark stubble, opting instead to simply have it neatened.

Daniel is wearing a full black tuxedo, but I notice the handkerchief in his left breast pocket and his bow tie are in the same shade of grey as my dress. Robin strikes again, I think to myself.

The whole outfit fits him like a glove, clearly made just for him. Daniel effortlessly exudes Hollywood glamour.

My mouth is suddenly completely dry at the sight of him. As I take in just how perfect he looks, I can't believe that he is mine and I'm his.

Our eyes meet across the room. Then I see my Daniel beneath the allure, and my lips immediately expand into a huge smile.

Daniel's expression doesn't change, and when he doesn't smile back at me I begin to frown. My pulse begins to race at his failure to react at all.

"You... Erm...l..." He stutters. He then softly rubs his hand down his chin like he is trying to order his thoughts. "I have never seen anything in my entire life more beautiful than how you look right now." His eyes glisten with emotion.

I swallow the compliment, embarrassed by the words that spill out of Daniel's mouth in a room full of people. Instead, I choose to twirl round so he can see the entire dress, which also means I can calm the redness of my cheeks.

When I turn back to face him, he has closed the gap between us. "I mean it, Lizzie. You are perfect. I know you're out of the your depth with all this. Shit... I'm out of my depth with all this. But, you're here just for me and that means more to me than you will ever know." Finally, his expression breaks into a lopsided grin.

"Of course I'm here. Daniel, I would do anything for you. I'd die for you... so this..." I point towards my dress with a giggle to lighten the mood. "... is nothing!"

Finding my confidence in the loving way Daniel is looking at me, I step forward and lean up to kiss him softly. Daniel's hand wraps around my waist to pull me flush against him. "Thank you." He whispers against my lips.

"Daniel, Lizzie. Lawrence is waiting downstairs." Ben declares as he enters the room. "Wow, Lizzie. You look stunning." He says surprised.

Daniel holds me in place for a second more before reluctantly releasing me.

"Thanks, Ben." I grin. "Bit of a difference to how you usually see me." I let out a short laugh.

"No, I didn't meant it like that... I just meant, well... you look great." He rubs the back of his neck and clears his throat in embarrassment.

"She sure does." Both Daniel and Robin say at the exact same time. They both look at each other and burst out laughing.

Ben leaves the room as fast as he can while the rest of the room begins to be packed away in the same military style that it was all set up. As the floor length mirror is moved across the room I catch sight of me standing next to Daniel with our hands intertwined.

I feel astounded when my heart unexpectedly soars a little seeing us together. I can do this, I say internally in a pep talk to myself. I can play a part for tonight... Daniel's confident girlfriend. I nod at the woman looking back at me in the mirror, someone who after the efforts of Robin's amazing team, looks like she might just fit in!

"Thank you so much." I say to Robin feeling the emotion rise in my chest.

"You're very welcome." She claps her hands excitedly in front of her face. "I can't believe I'm going to have one of my designs at the BAFTAs."