Chapter 5

~Moving On, I Got A Job~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I ran around my room, trying to find my clothes, I was already late for today's work, and today I have made a special prediction, which was, its going to suck. But who the hell goes to work this early? Its still foggy around, especially since the neighbourhood is near a huge forest.

I finally gave up and quickly put a pair of black jeans over my bare legs. I shivered as the cold wind hit my bare bra covered chest. I felt the hair on my neck stand up as I jumped to the window whilst trying to put on my jeans. I peeked outside and froze, there was a well dressed figure standing near the edge of the forest, and it seemed like it was staring right at me. I furrowed my brows in anger and suspicion and glared back at the tall figure.... Unnaturally tall figure, until I realized I was late. I stuck out my tongue at the creature and closed my window and the curtains.

Quickly putting on a white tank top, I pulled over my white hoodie over my top. Taming my hair with my hands I rushed downstairs. Grabbing my breakfast I rushed to the door and putting on my converse.

"I'm going, bye!" I shouted out, stuffing the pancakes in my mouth.

"Take care!" Martha shouted back and I left my house, running at full speed to the hospital. I then screeched and slapped myself hard.

"You stupid idiot, you forgot your phone, bag and labcoat" I hurried back home, ran inside, not bothering to take off my converse and grabbed my stuff.

"(Y/n)?!" Martha peeked out from the kitchen.

"I forgot some things!" I shouted and ran back outside, panting. I ran to the hospital at full speed as I noticed the glimpse of the thing that was watching me earlier. "Fuck off man! I'm already late!" I screamed at it, thinking of it as some lame prank. Finally reaching my workplace, I burst inside the building with a grand entrance.

Everyone stared at me as I panted heavily, trying to wet my fully dried mouth, until I was handed a bottle of water. I looked up to notice Greg, I drank the water and huffed out, still trying to catch my breath. Once I did, I handed the bottle to him.

"Good morning sleepy head" Greg gave me a sassy face.

"Thanks tomato head" I stuck my tongue out at him, finally putting on my labcoat. I went to the counter and submitted my stuff, the lady handed me the key to my cabinet and went back to her work. I sighed and went to the office of my senior, Dr. Dynadin, or as he likes to be called, Arthur.

"Good morning Arthur" I greeted him as I entered the office.

"Ah, you're finally here (y/n), took you long enough" Arthur smiled warmly at me "anyways, I need your correcting these files, they belong to the people you checked yesterday." He handed me the files.

"Alright" I nodded and went to my desk and began working.

Before I knew it, all the files were done and over with. I handed them back to my boss.

"Ah, thank you (y/n), that was... Rather fast" Arthur smiled "well, you are pretty pumped up today, are you not?" He chuckled.

"Well, I guess you can say that" I laughed nervously with a blush.

"Anyways, I would appreciate it if you could get me a cup of coffee, since not everyone is high on energy like you, kiddo" he spoke as his eyes scanned over the many files.

"On it" I nodded to him, even though he didn't see it, and jogged out of the office. Arthur is a nice and knowledgeable guy. He knows when to immerse me with paperwork, and when to teach me and guide me with field work. He's really kind too, fitting for a doctor.

As I went to the cafeteria, I noticed how empty the place was, other must be really busy. With a light aura surrounding me, I got the cup of coffee, the medicine which can turn mindless zombies into fully functional human beings and set back on my course.

I made sure to greet others as I passed by them, offering them huge smiles. At one point I even caught Greg holding a giant stack of papers. He seemed fine, so I realized he doesn't need any help. When I finally reached the office, I saw Arthur holding his head, looking a bit stressed.

"Here you go Arthur" I smiled cheerfully at him as I handed him his coffee.

"Oh, you're back, I thought you got caught up with helping others" Arthur chuckled a bit.

"Well, you're lucky that they didn't need any help" I smiled.

"Anyways, listen up kiddo, I have a few appointments a couple hours later, and I need all these files done by the time I'm done. Do you think you can help?" He looked at the almost a feet high stack then at me "if you get finished earlier, you can also help me in the field" he added and I nodded.

"I will do it" I told him. He sighed in relief as he handed me most of the files, keeping some of them to do by himself.

"I don't know what I would do without you" he laughed, but it came out a bit stressed.

"Die from stress" I ruffled his already natural white hair.

"Oi, I'm your senior, watch your manners yound lady" he spoke sternly, but his eyes showed something else entirely.

"Haha, you're not funny old man" I rolled my eyes and set to work.

Luckily for me, I completed all the files just before Arthur's first appointment ended. This means that I will get to join him with the rest of his appointments. This is going to be fun.

After checking up the last patient, Arthur's shift was over, and so was mine, Greg's shift will be over an hour later, so I went home.

Finding Martha on the couch setting up for our Monday movie night.

"So, what's the category this week?" I asked her, as I prepared popcorns, enjoying the popping sounds the food item made.

"Its horror" Martha spoke as she eyed the calendar. "And it seems its Greg's turn to choose" Martha froze "oh goodness, this means we need to prepare ourselves for a night of nightmares and no sleep" she sighed.

"I can sleep with you, if you want" I offered, pouring the soft food material into the bowls.

"I'd love that" Martha spoke, obviously relieved that she won't be alone. Greg chooses the most scariest movies, when he does. Martha ends up not sleeping because of nightmares, so I usually join her in bed, since having someone with you comforts you greatly after a nightmare.

I love my family, and I am glad I have them, I miss my old family too though, but still.

"Alright, the popcorn is ready~" I went to the couch, and Greg came in.

"Oh, everything's ready?" He smiled "just wait a second" he went upstairs, and came back in casual clothes. We all settled down to watch The Nun ,a rather interesting movies if I do say so myself. Greg was completely immersed in the storyline, he wasn't scared, but I wasn't either. That thing's face is purely hilarious, I mean seriously, anime can become scarier than you. I snickered as Greg and Martha gave me incredulous looks. Oh well, if they think it be afraid of this ever seeing so many things, they're wrong.

~But Can't Get Over It~