Chapter 25

~You are~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I'm deliberately avoiding EJ these past few days, but something awful happened in the midst that made me worry.

I'm still mad at him, but I'm worried, and yes, for him. Anyone with a heart would be, I'm no different.

I want to forgive him, but I want him to apologize first. Of course, at this point, I don't care what he did, so I've forgotten it... wow, has it really been that long since I've last talked to him properly.... maybe yeah.

---

I was lying in my bed, drawing invisible patterns on the bed sheet with my finger. That was when I heard it, knocking and light scratches, right outside my window. I froze on instinct, my heart was beating like crazy as sweat trickled down my forehead.

Even if I would've been able to sleep without being tired, I won't be able to now for sure. I waited, and I didn't know how long I waited, because the knocking and scratching became violent thrashing and beating the wall underneath the window. Terrified, I jumped off my bed and with my stuff in hand, I burst out of the room, and quietly went inside EJ's room, I'll go back when I'm sure that thing would be gone, I hope.

I am still angry at him, so I don't want him to know that I came here at night, if he doe st wake up that is. Which is, he didn't. No, but he did something entirely that made me jump and stare at him with wide eyes filled with shock.

He whimpered, yes, the EJ just whimpered, and not just any whimper, the one filled with fear, pain, and longing. The room was dark, and it was impossible to make out anything except the shapes. I silently placed my pillows and blanket on the floor and creeped up to his sleeping form.

He was having nightmare it seemed. He was turning around uncomfortably in his bed, I could hear the shuffling around he was doing, and mind you was there plenty of it. He was whimpering and whispering some things.

What broke my heart into a thousand pieces was when he whimpered and reached out for something. As it happened, my hand was seemingly in his reach, and he just happened to grab it. I stopped myself from letting out a yelping as he pulled me, or my hand close to him, holding it tightly over his heart, if he has one that is.

My eyes widened at his..... rather pathetic condition.... did something happened to him to make him this way? To give even someone like him nightmares..... I guess he is not that much different from other human beings, except for some places. When I realized he wants letting go, and that he was a bit calm, I let out a deep sigh and settled comfortably beside his head.

As I looked at his dark figure, I felt a tug at my heart. An idea popped in my head and I brought my hand over his head, and hesitantly rested it on his head. When he didn't move, I started petting his hair. They were soft, really soft for a cannibalistic monsterlike murderer. For some reason, as I pet him, I was reminded of Jack.

It was random, very random, but the thought made me hear up. However, that soon disappeared when he purred. His hold on my hand loosened as an amused expression took over my face. Petting him more, he purred more.

I gently slipped out of his bed, took my stuff, crept out, and began laughing really hard in the living room.

I must've been really loud because EJ opened his bedroom door and glanced down at my rolling on the floor laughing form.

"What are you doing?" He asked, but I didn't answer, in fact, if possible, I only laughed harder. After a huge pause, when I finally started calming down, he spoke again.

"Does this mean you're not mad at me anymore?" He asked, hopefully.

"No" I said and finally calmed down.

---

I was reading a book when he came back inside.

I looked at him, he looked at me, and I noticed he was bloody. He was standing in the doorway. I blinked.

"Welcome back" was all I said without any emotion as I went back to reading the strange book whose name I did not care to check.

EJ walked to the kitchen and I stood up and went outside the house, I could feel him staring at my back from his place as I looked at the wall under my window. It was not scratched or damaged in any way, after what happened that night, one would think there would at least a small scratch, but no, there wasn't.

With a shrug, I went back inside, settled comfortably on the couch in my blanket nest, and started reading again.

EJ went to his room, and when he came back out, he had changed his clothes, and he was holding his dirty ones in his hands, he went to the kitchen again, probably to put them in the laundry for me to do.

I was bored of the story, it was okay, the story, but I bored of reading since I've been doing that for like.... since I woke up and this was my fifth book. I got off the couch and went to the kitchen to see if EJ brought anything I can snack on. My eyes widened at the sight of the object in the small satchel.

There, in the midst of some sugar, salt, and other food items was heaven. Literal heaven. I pulled it out of the bag, staring wide eyed at the object to make sure I wasn't dreaming, or if it was a hallucination and I just miss this so much, but no, it was there.

(Favourite chocolate), my bae, and not just one pack of it, but five. My heart leapt out of my chest in joy as EJ's voice brought me out of my chocolate induced trance.

"(Y/n), are you okay? You've been staring at it for.... the past few the minutes" he said, likely weirded out by my strange behaviour, but I wasn't having any of it.

I coughed and cleared my throat.

"Yeah, I'm okay" I told him, and with the treat in my hands. I went back to the couch and settled down, nibbling on the sweet as I restarted reading. The treat melted in my mouth as the sweet flavours erupted in my mouth, making my heart almost skip a beat.

"You look like you're enjoying it" He said as he stared at me, and I looked at him.

"Sure am" I nodded and continued reading.

"Is that a yes then?" He asked, he seemed hopeful, I just looked at him in confusion.

"To what?" I asked him.

"To forgiving me" he said, and I could a bit of hesitation in his voice.

"Well, if you think you can gain my forgiveness by giving me favorite chocolate" I glared at him with a pissed off look "then come here, and let me tell you what."

He was hesitant, very hesitant, very very hesitant as he slowly walked up to me. I stood off the couch and looked up at his mask.

"So?" He tried to be blunt, and I mentally laughed at the shaking of his voice.

"Yep!" I exclaimed and hugged him "thank you by the way" I let go and settled down, nibbling on the treat again, EJ let out a deep breath, and dropped to the floor and I jumped.

"You okay!?" I looked down at his form.

"Yeah, I'm just....." he paused, and didn't reply, I just shrugged and went back to reading.

~My light in the dark~