Chapter 23

~Coincidental flaws~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I washed the dishes as Emma sat at her place in the lab. Since she's chained, she can't move, but I still need to do the dishes. Emma is the girl EJ brought here. She is kind and sweet, and pretty young. I hope she will survive.... I hope EJ will let her go. I want her to live her life and her dream.

"(Y/n)!" She called out as I was playing away the dishes.

"Yeah!?" I called out back.

"Can you get me a cup of water?!" She asked me and I replied with a sure. I wiped my hand and walked over the cupboard holding the glasses, only to slip. I it out a startled yelp as I crashed with the refrigerator, and toppled it down, as I myself fell over. I hit my elbows, my chest, and saved my face, luckily.

However, my head shot up when I heard rattling of chains.

"(Y/n)! You okay!?" Came Emma's voice.

"Yeah! I'm okay, don't worry!" I called out to her.

"Are you sure? I heard a really loud crash!" She shouted back and my head went blank, a crash, the refrigerator fell down. Suddenly my mind popped to work as if it was shocked and I jumped up in sheer panic and fear. I opened the door of the cooling device, only go fall on my butt with the expression of sheer absolute terror on my face. My heart and stomach sunk although as my mind, once again, went blank.

I could hear Emma calling my name, but I was frozen, my mind was screaming, yet it was silent. I didn't register the wounds on my body, on my knees and elbows, I couldn't feel anything. Everything suddenly seemed like a dream, or a nightmare, until...

The door burst open, and in came the one and only, EJ, light burst out from behind his figure as if he was a mighty god with mighty powers, which he probably is, except the god part. Suddenly, it all went quiet as he stepped inside the room, my figure was half visible from the front door, but it was, and so was the refrigerator with the broken jars filled with now ruined organs. I didn't know what to do. All my mind wanted to do was faint as it went deathly silence, and EJ's gaze fell on me.

The anger and the maliciousness that literally flowed from his figure like waterfalls was enough to fill up the entire house with dread and a heavy feeling. My entire chest sunk so deep that I wanted to jump and go die in a hole.

I was afraid, and I was scared, very afraid, and very scared, my heart was beating out of my chest as our eyes were locked. I was sure the fear was clearly swimming in my eyes like fishes swimming in the ocean. EJ took small steps towards the kitchen, and I could clearly imagine Emma stare at him.

He took his time, walking slowly, and the dread was yet still there. I had never been so terrified in my entire life, and this was the first time I was actually heading his footsteps, and it was even more unnerving. I whimpered when he reached me, he eyed the ruined content of the toppled over refrigerator.

His hand twitched as he spoke without turning his head to me. "Tell me (y/n), didn't I tell you specifically to not touch my food?"

I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, my entire body shook as tears filled my eyes up to the brim. He was trying to hold in his anger, and I could tell, his body was shaking, and his hand was terribly twitching. Is this how I will die? I hope Emma will live, I hope my family will be okay, I hope they won't miss me, I hope they will forget me....

I just stared at him with an expression more terrified than the one a deer caught in headlights have.

"Tell me!" He suddenly lashed out and pulled me up to my feet with my upper arm, and the force he used almost broke my upper arm into two, and also popped it out of my socket, almost. I let out a shriek of pain, my eyes instinctively closing as I tried to stay on my feet and bear the pain, tears escaped my eyes as I opened my eyes stared at the black eyes of the blue mask.