Chapter 24

~In the dark~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I can't tell how long it's been, but I do it shouldn't be that long since it feels like days have passed, because when waiting, people think a lot of time has passed when only few minutes pass, so yeet.

But still, I don't think it's been long, however, I'm hungry, so hungry, my stomach was gurgling earlier, but since it's stopped, I'm led to believe it's eating itself.

I had a few naps in between staying here chained, but I feel dirty. I woke up sweaty, and uncomfortable, so it wasn't much of a help, I feel so so dirty that I just want to jump in the bathroom and take a shower to clean myself.

The places where the chains are wrapped have started getting chafed badly, and it hurts, my wrists and my ankles hurt.

Currently, I'm curled up on the floor, which has gotten warm because of my body heat. The previous position was becoming too uncomfortable and my neck and back literally begged me to move.

My stomach feels weird, it's digesting itself. I hope I'll die here. Because I'm getting really tired and sleepy.

Soon enough, my eyes drooped over, my eyelids shut themselves, and I fell asleep, perhaps, I hope, to never wake up ever again.

----

Eyeless Jack returned from his hunt, consisting of food, water, and organs, and his eyes went to the lab door themselves as if they had a mind of their own.

He figured that he should let her out. Placing the stuff on the kitchen counter, Jack went ahead and opened the door to the lab. He peeked inside and frowned under his mask at the disgusting smell.

He forgot that there was a corpse in here too.... He will have to clean that up, what a pain. He silently walked over to the female and internally panicked when he saw her lying on the floor, unmoving.

He immediately turned on the lights and bent down near the female. Picking her up from the ground, he realized she was cold.... awfully cold, her body was radiating no heat at all. His invisible heartbeat picked up and panic clouded his mind and he shook the female, calling out her name a few times.

"(Y/n)? Oi, (y/n)!" He shook her hard when she didn't respond.

More tar like liquid flowed from his eyes as a dreading feeling settled itself in his torso. He quickly unlocked the chains and picked up the woman with him.

He took her to her room and laid her down on her bed, and checked her breathing, only to find nothing. He checked her pulse, it wasn't there either. He messed up big time, he realized. He didn't knew she was this fragile, he didn't knew!

Running back to his lab, he filled a syringe with adrenaline and hurried back to her side. He was about to inject the liquid inside her when he realized he document do it, not with his hands shaking this much.

It was then he realized his whole body was shaking like a leaf. He took deep breaths and injected the syringe right above her heart. Pulling out the syringe he watched as she jolted up, finally breathing, her eyes were wide, checking her pulse again, he was filled with relief when he realized she was still alive. Her eyes turned to him, and they closed themselves, the last emotion he saw in them almost broke him, but he ignored, relieved that the female was alive, it confused at his own reaction to her almost death.

She weakly turned away from him and curled up, he sighed, letting out a deep breath he didn't realize he was holding, he covered up the female in blankets and left the room, only to go to the kitchen.

He took out some snacks and placed them on her bedside table with some water, thankful that she was alright.

----

I woke up in my bed, with some snacks next to me. It was afternoon. I sat up, feeling terribly weak, and of course, I know the reason. I wished he would've let me die... at least I'd be reunited with Jack.... oh, his mere thought sent a new wave of sadness over me. I miss him so much, so much that it hurts, I miss him and my family.

I quickly wiped my tears when I heard the door open. I stared at the intruder with the most hateful look I could manage in my weak condition.

"You're awake" he said as he looked at me "you should.... wash yourself."

I knew he was right, but instead of giving him the privilege, I turned away and crossed his arms.

"Look, I know you're mad, and I-" he was interrupted by my weak voice.

"Why didn't you let me die?" I asked him with a broken voice, and he stopped.

"Because you can't die unless I allow you to, and let me tell you, I won't be letting you die anytime soon, not until I get what I want" he spoke, I could feel a defensive side to his tone, but my broken spirit ignored it.

"What do you want from me?" I asked him as tears filled my eyes again.

"I think you know the answer to that, and even if you don't, you will soon find out" he said and just as he was about to leave he added "and you really should take a bath, you smell."

"You asshole! I didn't asked you to lock me up" I banged my head on the bedside table, only manage to hurt myself, EJ left.

With a pissed aura around me, I took a proper shower and cleaned myself, and then settled down in my room. I was eating some lunch I made for myself when EJ burst in. I jumped and shrieked at the sudden noise.

"Oh, I didn't meant to startle you" he said as he sat down in front of me. I went to move, but he grabbed my leg, where the chafed skin was, making me wince, which led him to lighten his hold, which made my eyes widen.

"Now be obedient and sit down without moving" he started working on my chafed skin, I let my eyes twitch as doubt filled my brain to the brim. He's suddenly being nice. Dafooq is wrong with him? Is he planning something? Is he planning to make me trust him, then break my trust?

Yeah, no EJ, I won't let you do that, because I won't trust you. And I'm really pissed so deal with it. When he was finished with my feet, he went to my wrists, it feels nice having someone work on you this gently..... or something, but it is off putting how gentle he is being.

"You need something?" He looked up at me once he finished bandaging my wrists.

"No" I spoke, narrowing my eyes. He stared for a while longer before he stood up and reached out for my shoulder, I flinched back and he stopped. I looked at him with owlish eyes as he moved again and brought the shoulder of my top down, I jumped and shrieked out.

"What are you doing!?" Were my words.

"Calm down" was all he said as he began observing my wound, which unless treated, will take three or more weeks to heal. The skin was indeed, blue, black and purple, and a bit swollen. I jumped with a small yelp as EJ touched the wound. He let go of me and I pulled up my top back in its proper place. I gave him a scrutinizing look as he looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked, and I didn't respond, I opted with staring instead, he spoke again after a long enough pause "are you sick?" He touched my forehead, and I recoiled, avoiding his hand, he met my eyes, then he sighed and left.

I currently hate him so much.

~Find your light~