Chapter 8

~The One Who Stalks~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

"Come again why the hell we are camping out in the night, in the forest which is just beside our house?" I asked Greg in pure irritation.

"For fun of course, why else?" He looked at me "plus Martha said you needed fresh air and relaxation."

"Fresh air? Check, relaxation? Not, I feel like I'm being watched" I tried to ignore the standing hair on my neck, and basically my entire body, making them harder to ignore. I got this awfully strange feeling of wanting to check behind my back, every few seconds, and I hardly refrained from it.

"You're just being paranoid" Talia spoke as she roasted a marshmallow over the camp fire. I just nibbled on the marshmallow without roasting it, my eyes darting in every direction.

I looked behind my back, only to find nothing, but the dark, absolute dark, the kind which you can never possibly find light in.

I felt goosebumps go down my entire body as I shivered and hugged myself after putting the half eaten marshmallow on the log I was sitting on. Cold wind blew making me shiver more terribly. The fire crackled.

"Greg, I'm not liking this, let's just please go back" I whimpered as I looked up, only to have my eyes widen in absolute fear.

There was no one in front of me, Greg and Talia were gone, the sticks they once roasted marshmallows on were lying on the ground. There was blood on the ground, but between the deep brown ground, pebbles, dead leaves and grass, it was almost impossible to spot. I stood up abruptly.

"Greg! Talia!" I shouted out in the dark, the fire crackled a bit again, making me turn my head to it. Suddenly, as if someone poured water on it, it died down with a hiss, except there was no water or any liquid seen around.

Everything was quiet, too quiet, the cold wind blew again and I shivered.

Suddenly, a corpse dropped in front of me, hung by a rope making me shriek in terror and fall on my butt, I crawled back and examined the body. Half its mouth was ripped or eaten away, revealing the flesh, and bones, its body was blood, more blood dripped on the forest floor. Its body was ripped across the chest and a few entails popped out, the rotting smell of decay and the bloody smell seemed to quickly disperse in the air as it hit my nose. I've seen organs, blood, brain, but this was on an entire new level.

I scrambled on my feet and stared at the corpse in fear, unable to take my eyes off it, until it suddenly let out a screech and started wriggling as it hung, its horribly disfigured face stared right me. I let out a loud bloodcurdling scream and ran away without a second thought.

As I ran, all that could be heard was the crunching of leaves underneath my feet.

Running till I ventured deeper into the forest, I stopped when I felt completely safe. I thought about my current predicament, and realized that I am stuck in some sort of haunted zombie forest. What luck.

All I'm worried about is the well being of Greg and Talia. Then it shot me, I should try to look for them. Once my breathing was normal, I began walking, staring in the dark, trying to make out whatever I could see.

There was almost little to no light, the trees were tall and their canopy blocked the sun, or moon light from reaching down here, leading the bottom areas to become half-dead like. The grass crunched underneath my feet as I kept walking carefully.

I walked until I heard more screeches, looking behind my back, I saw an entire horde of naked zombies, or whatever they were, coming at me. I backed away, and soon started running to get away from the vile creatures.

In my blind panic, I didn't realized where I was going until I tripped and fell into something slippery. A metallic smell, one that I know very well, invaded my nostrils as I got up. On the ground shone the little rays of moonlight, but what I saw in the light terrified me to no end.

In the midst of the grass, dead leaves, and of course soil, there was a pool of blood. I screamed and staggered back, only to bump into something, no, someone. I whipped around and my eyes widened to saucers.

"Talia!" I exclaimed, tears immediately flooding my (e/c) eyes as I stared at the corpse ahead of me.

Her eyes were open, her body bloody and her entire torso was.... Gutted out, and I happen to lie in the area where her organs are, luckily, not squishing any of them, that is, until I backed away and my hand fell on something, looking at it, it was a heart. I screamed and got away from her as fast as I humanly could.

I bumped into someone else, it was the body of Greg.

"Greg!" I exclaimed again, this time, crying.

"(Y/n)" he whispered weakly. I gasped and pulled his head to my lap.

"Greg! You're alive" I held his hand in both of mine as he stared at me with dull eyes. There was a huge incision going from his left shoulder to right waist and it was deep.

"Collect... the eight... Pages.... And run" he whispered.

"Wha- what pages?!" I looked at him, he stared in my eyes, and just like that, he went stiff. I began sobbing, I wailed until I saw feet ahead of me. Raising my head, I saw black shoes, black pants, a black suit, black tie, and a white face. The most weird fact, it was faceless. Terror struck my heart and my body as I froze, staring at its face.

Suddenly as if in a movie, the creature lunged at me and all I could feel was pain. Eight sheets of paper passed through my eyes, they were so fast that I couldn't make out anything but there was something on them, everything turned black as a circle appeared in white, it had a cross going through it, the symbol appeared and then, it was gone.

I woke up screaming in cold sweat. Breathing heavily, I pushed my hair out of my face and looked around my room, freezing when I saw my window. The same symbol as my dream, I screeched again as I jumped back in bed, meeting with the wall. Suddenly, my door snapped open and my eyes shot to the cause of it, Greg, I turned back to my window, but the symbol was gone, without a trace.

I held out my arms to the concerned Greg as tears filled my vision. He sighed and hugged me, I embraced him in return.

"A nightmare?" Greg asked, patting my back. I nodded in his shoulder "wanna talk about it?"

I nodded again and proceeded to tell him about everything I saw and how terrifying it was.

He was concerned, and worried. Patting my head, Greg smiled at me.

"Worry not (y/n), no demonic being can touch you ever, want to know why?" He smiled sweetly.

"Why?" I sniffed.

"Because you're the most scariest demon yourself" Greg smiled goofily as my face turned to the neutral face of disappointment. I picked up my pillow, and whacked Greg hard with it. He fell to the ground with a thud and a grunt of pain.

"Well, worth a try" he muttered to himself and I smiled, looking at him.

"You are the most stupidest idiotic being I've ever seen, and one I don't think I'll ever get to see" I giggled.

"Its because I'm just too rare" he smiled, sitting up and rubbing his butt.

"Its because you are the stupidest" I broke out into laughs as Greg pouted.

"Hey, that's mean" Greg pouted at me from the floor as I continued to laugh.

"What are you kids doing?" Martha stood in the doorway, looking pissed as she crossed her arms.

"Shit" we both spoke together as we stared at her technically demonic looking form.

~Is Your Worst Nightmare~
________

Hello everybody, I'm hoping you're enjoying this.

The chapters aren't long, but there's plenty of them, so yay.