Chapter 28

~Wield courage~

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

"E-EJ where are we going?" I wanted as I ran behind him, it seemed dawn was approaching as we ran on a path that was lacking growth as compared to the rest of the ground.

"Are you doubting me?" He asked as he continued to walk. Since finding the first note, we have covered five places and obtained three more notes, making it a total of four notes with six places covered.

"No, but-" I was interrupted by him.

"I know where he puts all those notes" he murmured something to himself as I realized that that's the reason why we were able to get so many notes with running into the tall man a few times. I figured out the headache was because of his presence nearby.

"There's only four more places we will find if we continue down this path" he said, "and all of them are sure to have the rest of the notes" he finished. I nodded as we reached another place.

Soon enough we had seven notes, and only one place to cover. However, when we got there, there was no note to be found. I panicked and EJ cursed under his breath.

"That asshole changed the location at the last minute" EJ growled as dawn came even more closer, I could see the blue light, and all the plant and animals pretty clearly.

"We need to hurry" he said, but suddenly, another headache hit me. He was closer, and no matter which direction we went in, he was there. The headache was getting worse as I collapsed to the ground, unable to take any step further.

Suddenly, I was pulled back as in front of me I saw tentacles at the floor, right where I once sat. My eyes widened as the headache dissipated slowly. I looked up and saw EJ in front of me with his scalpel in his hands. His claws were uncovered and for the first I noticed his hands were dirty.... covered in dried blood..... And something else, he had killed someone earlier. Ignoring that, I looked ahead of me as EJ dropped all the notes and attacked the much taller being, trying to avoid the appendages.

"(Y/n)! Get the last note before sunrise!" He shouted out (A/N: I don't know why but this feels awfully clichè) and I rose to my feet, collecting the notes as EJ distracted the taller.

I started running down the path and checked all the places we went to. It was getting sunrise soon, I saw the note on the plus shaped wall just ahead of me. I ran at full speed and managed to grab off the note just as the first says of sun hit the trees.

I maneuvered through the forest till I came upon the fighting scene. EJ was bleeding in many places, and there were hardly any wounds on the taller being. The taller being, on my arrival, turned his head to me, only to get slashed across his chest by EJ. He let out a roar from his... ripped open mouth that I didn't notice before and attacked EJ much more furiously.

One of his tentacle hit the side of EJ's head, and the mask loosened and fell off. My eyes widened as they were flooded with tears.

Except the bright blue eyes he once had, and the pallid skin, he was Jack, the same Jack I met all those years ago, the same Jack I lost that night.

It was him.

Suddenly, I realized, I was so stupid, it was the same mask from the ritual guys, except the black tears, EJ, Jack, and since it was clear but too obvious for my mind to understand that he was eyeless. Eyeless Jack, he was there all along, and I didn't realize it, I didn't.... it was so obvious the entire time....

"Jack!!" Jack froze and stared at me, as suddenly, loud sirens flared through the forest, Slenderman, who was about to stab Jack in the chest paused and looked around. He straightened up and fixed his mouth, and disappeared. Jack cursed as he picked up his mask from the grassy floor, he seemed to be in a hurry as his body shook and his movements were hastily fast. He set his mask on his face rather quickly as I hurried up to him and hugged him, he just pushed me away.

"This is not the time for being happy" he said with a low growl and I let my teary eyes widen until I suddenly realized.

"Alpha Mythos" were the only words which escaped my mouth.

"Yes, and if we don't hurry out of here, it won't be good" he grabbed my wrist as he started running with haste, I followed behind him, literally flying as he ran so fast that it was impossible for me to catch up, that is, until, they caught up to us. He was internally panicking, and I could see it, I could feel it. His hand was shaking and I could feel it as he was gripping my wrist.

"Halt right there!!" An officer shouted out as multiple red lasers were pointed at Jack. He cursed under his breath, tightening his hold on my wrist. I was afraid, my heart was beating out of my chest.

"Let the human go you monster!!" Another officer shouted out as Jack pushed me behind him, I could only hope he remembered me. Suddenly, Jack let go of my wrist and osyhed me away from him as a bullet fired at him, piercing him right through his heart. I watched with wide eyes as blood shot out of his back and he bent in a feral position, attacking the guy who shot him.

"Jack!!!" I shouted out as I jumped to my feet, but when I tried to make my way to him, I was held back by two officers. Jack murdered dozens of the officers ruthlessly as the rest of them shot at him. I screamed his name as I struggled in the grasp of the officers, trying to loose up their hold, but once again, I was weak, just like I was weak when they... they turned him to this.

Tears filled my eyes up as I shut them close and screamed out his name once again, pain evident in my broken voice. Jack stopped and he turned to me, we met eyes, but he was shot at repeatedly, till he fell to his knees. I struggled harder and attempted to kick off the cops but they threw me into a car and drove away. I watched from the window of the vehicle as they knocked Jack and loaded him up too.

~And seal the demons~