Chapter 23.5

~Mistakes~

Eyeless Jack banged his head on the wall of his room after taking off his mask. And not just lightly, he banged his head so hard that the wooden wall cracked slightly.

He dragged his hand down his face in exasperation as he paced around the room.

He knew he made a mistake, a huge one. But he count help it, he was so mad at her, she ruined all of his treats that he was saving for best occasions, she was lucky he didn't kill her at the spot, but of course she won't understand that.

She is nowhere close to understanding him, and being a human as she is, she might never will, but currently, that wasn't the topic of the issue that he was right now facing. He was worried about what she now thought of him.

He didn't kill her, he still wanted his answers, he still wanted to know who that blurry face was, he still wanted to know why she is familiar, and he still wanted to know if she is somehow connected to all this...

The anticipation of knowing was eating away at his insides, and he didn't... He couldn't live with it, he had to know, he has to know, he wants to know. And to do that, he must keep the female alive no matter what.

But for some reason, even though he doesn't care about her thoughts on him, when she said that she hated him... He felt such pain he's never felt before, he didn't knew why, but the pain was terrible, and more so when it turned to anger.

He was angry, but not at her, and even of he was angry at her, he was more angry at himself for losing his control, or cool. He should've been more gentler, now what?

He couldn't bear it when she said she hated him, and with the tone she said it, with the expression in her eyes, he lost it. It hurt so much, and he realized for some reason or other, he doesn't want her to hate him, he can't have her hate him. Maybe because he has grown attached to the human, which he knows will backfire on him soon enough given she is just a mere human, a weak fragile human female.

He know growing attached to her won't end up giving him a happy ending, but there is nothing he can do now, he has no choice. He will just have to wait and see what will happen, until then he need who do something about their current predicament.

But he doesn't want to apologize, apologizing sucks and he will never do that, he hope she will see his silent apology in his actions.

He doesn't want her to think he's going easy on her either, so he will get her out there when she is sleeping, tomorrow, because she still needs to be punished. All he could do was hope that she won't take it too hard, and give him a hard time. He sighed again and sat down on his bed.

"I hope she won't be too bothered"

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

I was curled up close to the wall, lightly rubbing my now swollen upper arm. It's too dark here for me to be able to see, so I can only imagine how many shades of blue, black and purple this bruise is. The blood had already dried up on my skin, and is now crusting whenever I move my facial muscles.

Except that, my back has a dull ache with my neck, due to sitting in the same position for so long. I've already cried so much that no tears would just escape anymore.

And except all that, the corpse of my friend is decaying, and spreading the disgusting metallic rotting smell around everywhere. For some reason, after watching all those zombie movies, I fear that the corpse will get up and bite me, turning me into a zombie, even though I know it's not possible.

I'm really pissed at him for locking me in here, I mean, I didn't do anything, I didn't touched his organs, I just slipped and the device fell with me, it's not like I took them out and bashed them on a wall purposefully to break them.

And if he didn't wanted me to talk back, he shouldn't have hurt her, and then come to me to let me know that this was my fault, because it isn't, it is his fault.

I'm not going to let out even the slightest noise that I am afraid, even if I do want to get out.

~Must be corrected~