Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Recap:

The two pro heroes drifted off to sleep holding their honorary daughter in their arms, dreaming of nothing and simply being content in the moment.

Resume:

Ishi looked out the window in the teacher's apartments at all of the new students that flooded through the campus of U.A. they made her kind of nervous, but as long as she stayed indoors or more specifically; in her room, she should be fine.

Ishi's ears perked up as the faint noise of a board creaking downstairs, it prompted her to lift the bandages in her hands up to her eyes and wrap them around her head in a highly practiced manner.

"Hey, Ishi do you think you could go to Aizawa's class today? He is doing a quirk test and thought that it might be interesting for you to experience, you can stand far away with your bandages on and the darlings can tell you what's happening, okay?" Nemuri explained, Ishi quaked at the thought of leaving the safety of the apartments, of being around other people for one of the first times in several years, she was terrified, but she was scared of disappointing them. They had done so much for her and she was just a burden.

She turned to Nemuri and nodded her head almost imperceptibly, she heard the sigh of relief that left Nemuri's lips, she instinctively felt just a little bit better, Nemuri was going to be proud of her so she would do her best.

"Okay then, let's go get you dressed!" she prompted, Ishi tilted her head down as if to inspect what she was wearing before realizing her eyes were once again covered, she reached up to the wriggling snakes on her head and slid her hand down one of their serpentine bodies. They took the cue and started to describe what she was wearing for her.

"Blue~"
"Pants~"

"Tank top~"

"Slippers~"

"Stars~"

"Sweater~"

It would have been faster to feel down her arms and legs to see at least what kind of clothing she was wearing but since she was no longer on the streets she was able to have the bandages off more often which lead to the snakes feeling neglected since they felt they didn't have a purpose. So whenever a situation came about where she needed to see or know something but had to have her bandages on she would have them describe it for her, no matter how quick or mundane the task was.

Nemuri took Ishi's hand and walked with her back to her room where she grabbed one of Ishi's trademark ensembles. She extended her full arms and dropped a flowy blue greek style toga into Ishi's arms. Though a lot of things in Ishi's life had changed in her time at U.A. she couldn't bear to part with her clothing style, she said it felt like it was a part of her, like it represented her. The teachers tried their very best to be accommodating to her needs and this was a simple one.

Peeling the clothes off her body Ishi shivered at the sudden rush of cold air that brushed against her warm body. It stunned her temporarily before she quickly got accustomed to it. She lifted the slightly shimmering midnight blue toga over her head the soft fabric brushing the snakes slightly. Once again in her familiar garment, she felt more comfortable just like every other time she put one on.

She had her snakes extend and push Nemuri out of the room so she could take off the bandages and look at herself in a mirror, she brushed out some wrinkles in her toga and sighed, most girls would do their makeup, put on perfume, do their hair in a new style, or paint their nails. But Ishi couldn't her hair was alive, excessive perfume made her feel sick, and the rock bases in makeup reminded her of the limestone powder they spread over the acid when she killed the man in the middle of the street all those years ago, her snakes would always disagree on what color to paint her nails so she simply gave up after several snake induced headaches.