Omake #3 Mina falls for an Angel

Ishi was walking around the U.A gardens, school was out, teachers were grading, cicada's hummed an undercurrent to the monotony of the giant city of Mustafu. Her hands clenched around a bundle of flowers, the snakes roving all over the ground collecting perfect flowers and bringing them back to her waiting hands. She was sure that the bouquet would look nice, she trusted her snakes and their exquisite taste.

Ishi wanted to put them just inside the door of the apartments, something to bring a little color and personality to the otherwise bland and untouched room. She knew that the heroes were busy, doing anything from hero work to teaching and grading, and in Mic's case even a radio show. But she didn't think that gave them an excuse to not do any interior designing.

Humming along to the tune of one of the songs she heard Mic play on his show a few weeks ago she slowly wandered down the path, not really knowing where she was going and trusting her snakes to get her back home safely.

"Augh! Aizawa sensei is going to kill me!" a voice broke through her trance, loud footsteps and cracking branches disrupting the otherwise quiet of the U.A. campus. Ishi froze, not knowing what to do, where to hide, and how to react. Her eyes watered in anxiety as a large body crashed into her own, knocking her onto the ground. "Oh my god! Are you okay?" the same voice asked frantically.

Ishi's snakes retracted back into her standing lightly on edge, nudging away the hand that the frantic student held out to the unseeing Ishi, "Ah! Um, put your hand out, I'll pull you up" the girl said out loud, Ishi's chin tilting up in mild curiosity. She lifted her slightly trembling pearlescent hand up to the stranger, feeling her hand wrap around her own and then a harsh tug that surprised her but ultimately brought her back to standing.

She smiled, it was a weird feeling being pulled back up, but she liked it. The girl looked at Ishi strangely, before asking "What's your name?" Ishi froze a little bit, she hadn't talked to many people outside of her hero family and the third years who frequently came to spend time with her, she was getting better at talking though so she wanted to reply.

"...Ishi..." she said, a hum of self satisfaction rumbling in her throat and a small smile creeping up on her face, pushing the smattering of scales on her cheekbones up and slightly under her bandages.

"Hi Ishi!" the girl said happily, "Oh, I'm Mina, a first year in the hero course!" Mina puffed out her chest and pointed her thumb towards herself in pride, Ishi's snakes tilted their heads at this. Mina was an interesting character they decided, interesting and harmless, a lot like Nejire.

"I'm...not a student" Ishi replied quietly, she figured that Mina was expecting her to say something like general education or support course, and in hindsight she probably could have said general education because it's close enough to true, but for some reason lying to this happy and energetic person just felt wrong.

"Do you know the teachers?" Mina asked a little confused, twirling the hair around her ears.

"Yeah, I uh, I live here with them, they, um, they take care of me" Ishi mumbled.

"That's so cool! I wish I lived with heroes! What are they like? Do they live here or somewhere else? Is it like a giant U.A. family or does everyone stay separate? How did you start living with them? Are you somebody's child!? Whose!?" Ishi took a step back putting up her hands, overwhelmed, Mina took another step towards her with every question, until Ishi's hands were on her arms holding her back a little, and Mina's fluffy pink hair tickled her sensitive nose. Ishi put a hand over her stomach as she bent over, sneezing in the cutest way Mina had ever heard. She gasped, her pink hands covering her mouth as she looked at the adorable girl in front of her, a brilliant red blush crawling up her neck at the thought.