Chapter 14

After seeing Tamaki's message she smiled lightly before replying.

Ishi:

You're welcome

Then she took a meaningful look at the stack of school work to get done before sighing and deciding to just get it over with.

It wasn't that she didn't like doing the work, in fact, she loved doing school work and learning all sorts of new things, however, school is tedious and takes the fun out of learning to a certain degree. It was repetitive and took forever, the Heroes try to avoid making it too bad but some things are just a fact.

Halfway through the stack the tablet showed a message from Aizawa.

Slepingbag: Are you having any difficulties?

Snake Tamer: No, I'm good.

Slepingbag: I'm here if you need me

Snake Tamer: I know

She refused his help confident in her own abilities...That is...until she got stuck.

Snake Tamer: Help...

Slepingbag: What do you need help with?

Snake Tamer: Grammar

Slepingbag: Ask Hizashi

She got frustrated, he said he was there to help then said to ask someone else, she pouted and fumed for a couple of minutes before deciding that a better course of action would be to indeed ask Hizashii for help. Right now however Hizashi was teaching a class so Ishi decided to take a break and get breakfast.

She grabbed a water bottle off the corner of the desk before proceeding to empty it's full contents into her stomach, the cool temperature of the water soothing her parched skin and calming her restless snakes. Proceeding toward the door she grabbed a bandage that hung on the end of her bed frame to wrap around her eyes before she left. She did not want to accidentally hurt anyone who may happen to be in the kitchen.

She still felt a bit nauseated after the previous night's ordeal so she didn't really want to eat anything too tough or filling.

The closer she got to the kitchen the stronger a food scent seemed to be, it wasn't one that she could easily put her finger on though it seemed a bit like it was burning. Noises and faint screeching also began to reach her sensitive ears.

With no further haste, she jumped the last couple stairs, wincing at the sharp pain that bounced up her ankle before continuing her growingly nervous quest to the kitchen. Her snakes tried to get her to calm down whispering soothing and practical things such as, "Maybe #13 tried to put the waffle maker in the dishwasher again and got upset when it fried again" or "Maybe Hizashi forgot to go to class and is burning eggs instead" and various mildly insulting but still comforting hypothetical scenarios.

She was slightly out of breath though a bit calmer by the time she slammed the door to the kitchen open, the stench of acrid smoke filling her nostrils causing her to cough repeatedly. The door banged loudly against the wall making the room's inhabitants freeze in their tracks.

"Well, shit" Nejire whispered breaking the silence.

"We can explain!" Mirio cried trying to figure out exactly what her current reaction to the chaos unfolding in her kitchen, was.

"It's Mirio's fault" Tamaki stated bluntly, a bit unusual for him but he really didn't want her to be mad at him, and after all, it was the truth.