Chapter 16

Tamaki was so surprised he had jumped when he got an impromptu text, his phone buzzed and neither Mirio or Neijire were on their phones. Well, Mirio was on his phone but he clearly was putting dramatic hero themed filters on pictures he had been taking of the three of them all morning, and thus had not just texted him.

He slowly pulled his phone out worried about just how he was going to reply to a stranger who had accidentally sent him a message meant for someone else. It happened to him more than most would expect.

However, his face lit up a bit when Ishi's name was in the identification bar of the text, he smiled a bit clicking on the notification and quickly putting in his password.

Ishi:

I'm at the festival! Where are you?

I'm just in the ticket gate on the U.A. side.

I'll wait for you.

The texts didn't quite seem like her, they weren't filled with that cute little flair that she seemed to magically always be able to ad into her short messages. That was another thing, there was too much, too many words and punctuation marks. Much like in person, Ishi tended to text a little vaguely with as little words as possible.

He was a little on edge but didn't want to leave her waiting if it actually was her so he snatched his hero cape off the back of his chair, hoping that the mere "spook factor" of having an actual hero show up would scare anyone who may be using Ishi's phone away so that he wouldn't have to confront them.

When he got close his hair was put on edge as he smelled, ever so faintly, blood. He started sprinting, using the tentacles from the takoyaki he and Mirio had picked up early to push civilians out of his way, faintly apologising as they called out in confusion when the were suddenly moved. The only thing he could think was about her, if she was hurt, bleeding, dying. Tamaki shook his head trying to rid the horrid thought from his mind and he forced his legs to run faster, the hood of his cape being blown back slightly by the breeze. "Please be okay" he thought desperately, he repeated it over and over like a mantra until he turned the final corner and saw someone in a ball on the ground and a man leaned over the person. She seemed to be shrinking away from the man and he could see her sweatshirt pushed up causing her back to bleed. Whoever it was, Ishi or not, would be okay, he was a hero, and he was her to help.

"Please back up" His voice didn't feel quite like his own, it felt like someone foreign, someone confident, like a heroes "I need to get to the civilian so I can bring her to the infirmary so if you could please get out of the way so I can do my job I would appreciate it"

The figure lifted its head as if it recognised him, and finally he could see the bandages wrapped across the middle of her face, he could see the small familiar snakes peeking out of the edges of the hoodie, he could see her, Ishi. His girl.

Tamaki wasted no time walking forward and pushing aside the stunned man who was still putting all the pieces together, he seemed angry to have his advances interrupted. The man's glare was thick and menacing, almost making Tamaki shiver.

"Who are you supposed to be? I don't know of any hero who looks like you" the man had this odd expression on his face, his anger seemed to turn into smugness like he had just caught Tamaki in a lie and couldn't wait to expose the deception.

"I'm Sun Eater, I work at Fat Gum's Hero Agency" Tamaki replied honestly, cocking his head to the side as if asking if the man had any other questions or if he could continue helping the girl between them.