Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

"Did you hear that!? She said she was Aizawa-sensei's daughter!" Nejire whisper-shouted from behind a large pillar where she and her other two comrades hid themselves.

"Why did we even follow her?" Tamaki grumbled, dismayed by the situation.

"Oh come on Tamaki, admit you were curious as well!" Mirio pats Tamaki on the back roughly and puffs his chest out proud of himself for being the one to suggest the option of following her in the first place.

"Can we go home yet" his curiosity about the girl very much buried under his discomfort at stalking a girl he didn't know and simply being out in public in the first place.

Aizawa's phone buzzed. His arms were casted and he couldn't reach it in the first place so he grumbled but ignored it, instead putting his attention onto the snake covered girl who lay sleeping on the edge of his hospital bed. When he picked her up, never in his wildest dreams did he imagine that he would come to care for her as much as he had. If anyone told him that he would he would have bet his entire life savings as well as his life that they were crazy. He was so glad that he never made that bet.

Her face twisted in her sleep, a tiny bit of nightmare trickling into her previously pleasant dream. He froze. Aizawa wanted to reach out his hand and run it through the snakes that acted as hair attached to her scalp, he had learned quickly that it had quite the calming effect on her. But his hands and arms were so tightly bandaged to his torso that he couldn't even start thinking about how he would go about doing so.

He was disrupted from his thoughts as her facial contortions and mild whimpering escalated to wailing, her snakes whipping around a little bit and tears seeping from the edges of her clenched eyes. "Fuck it" he declared as he wrestled with his bandages, his fervent desire to free himself and just scoop her into a suffocating hug and calm whatever storm filled this small traumatized girl that he had come to love as if his thirty-year-old single self had a child.

Pain made darkness edge at his already limited vision the bandages having been secured around him for a reason, and thus not easily being taken off by a man who at this point had no free fingers and mostly could not even see.

His struggling was interrupted by someone quickly opening the door and rushing through. At first he thought it was the doctor or a nurse since he had yet to get anywhere in the process of freeing himself to calm Ishi meaning her terror had only escalated to tears literally falling out of her eyes, snakes varying in size and wobbling all over completely out of control and disoriented, screeched mixed with whimpers and the occasional statement that did not seem to be in Japanese but at the same time he had no idea he didn't know every word in the Japanese dictionary.

"Doctor-" he started, "I need you to help me move these bandages or else it will get worse from here, and no you can't help it has to be me or Nemuri, call her too" it was once he was finished listing his commands that he actually looked up to see who was there. His jaw opened in surprise. What the hell were the big three of U.A. academia doing running into his RESTRICTED hospital room "What the fuck," he said utter confusion crashing over him in waves.

"Ummm..." Nejire trailed off, not really wanting to say 'hey sensei we saw her leaving the building, stalked her, listened to her at the desk, and followed all the way to a restricted building while carefully avoiding security and barging in when we heard a sound, we may be breaking the law but I swear we want to be heroes' it just really did not seem like something that would go well, even for someone who usually said anything and everything that entered her mind.

"Sensei, I saw a young girl who seemed to be in trouble and escorted her to the hospital, we became alarmed as we were leaving when we heard wails of distress and as any hero should we rushed to the scene to see if we could be of any assistance" Mirio said, somehow turning stalking into a chivalrous act.

"Uh..Sensei...what's your password?" Tamaki asked, TRYING to do as Aizawa had requested when they rudely barged into his room.

"312019" he said monotonously still kind of concerned because again what the hell were they doing there but really at this point he was more worried about Ishi who he continued to fail at comforting.

"Hey um Ms. Midnight, I'm in Aizawa sensei's room at the hospital and there is a girl sleeping and screaming and Aizawa sensei can't do anything because of the bandages so he said to call you and I think you should come as fast as you can" and then he hung up. All of his words rushed out in a single burst of blind terror filled adrenaline and once he had said everything that needed to be said all of it was gone and all he had left was the ability to tremble while putting his head on the wall.

"So now do we just...wait?" Mirio asked.

"Pretty much, unless you want to undo my bandages and inevitably get Recovery Girl angry at you. The terrified look on the blond boys face quickly answered that question as a blatant "NO"

"Sorry" he mumbled, ashamed at his fear and inability to help despite being on a hero track.

"Since we have some time" Nejire pointed out, "Why don't you tell us about her" Nejire's eyes were wide with curiosity "She told the woman at the front desk that she was your daughter but I don't think you're in a relationship, are you" she said inspecting him, "Is she some illicit daughter from when you were a student!?" she cried out nearly falling backward at her own accusation.

"U.A. adopted her several years ago" he said simply.

"Why?"

"She needed help and we are heroes" he was not keen on giving them any more information than necessary.

"Whats with the bandages?"

"Her quirk"

"The snakes?"

"Her quirk" he repeated, quickly growing annoyed.

"What's her name?"

"None of your business"

"Please?" she inquired her eyes growing to impossible sizes tears growing at the corner due to the sheer effort she was putting in.

"No" he replied, no room was left in his tone prompting her to move onto another question.

"Where does she live?"

"In the U.A. apartments"

"Does she go to classes?"

"No"

"Why?"

"She can't"

"You seem very upset that I am asking questions" she sounded quite a bit like a therapist he had gone to a while back and he wasn't really looking forward to anything else that she might say. "Are you uncomfortable that I am interested or do you think that she wouldn't like anyone knowing anything about her"

Honestly Aizawa was pretty much in the middle of both, he had grown so used to him being the person who knew the most about her and wasn't quite ready to give up that title yet, and at the same time he knew her aversion to people and didn't want to thrust her into a situation where some random people she didn't know suddenly knew a good deal of details about her, he figured it would make her very uncomfortable and he did not want her to go through something that would upset her again.

As he was thinking over the answer to her therapist-esque question Midnight burst in the door, the handle hitting the wall with a resounding "CRACK" only Tamaki worried about the wall though everybody else was focused on the 18+ hero who was out of breath and shouted one word, "ISHI" as if her life depended on it. Midnight ran across the room scooping the still crying Ishi in to her. "Why did you leave!? I was so worried!" she lectured, one arm holding up the young girls face to her own while the other hugged the young girl wrapping tightly around her torso.