15. Oh no...

Henry pov.

~~

I woke up in the mancave. I looked at my watch on my wrist. It was 5:00 am. I have to go home now. I stood up, but my legs felt like they were made of jelly and my headache didn't make me feel any better. But I still had to get home before my parents or Piper would know that I'm not there. I slowly and quietly walked to the elevator and went home.

When I got into my bedroom, I collapsed right onto my bed. It was already starting to get light. I felt like I could sleep forever or something. I fell asleep within a few seconds.

I woke up by my mom shaking me awake. "Henry, get up. You have to get ready for school." I groaned. I still felt as horrible as before I went to bed. "Mom, I'm feeling really sick. Can I stay home please?" She looked at me for a few seconds, but finally she was okay with it. "Alright Henry. You indeed look really pale. I call your school. Get some rest." She said before leaving my room. I put my blanket over my head and I fell asleep again.

A few hours later I woke up again. I wasn't feeling really good but at least way better than before. I grabbed my phone and I looked at the time. It was 13:30. I got up, took a shower and got into some comfy clothes.

While watching tv, the doorbell rang. I signed and walked to the door. When I opened it I saw Samuel standing there. "Hey, why weren't you at school? Are you sick or something?" He asked. "Yeah. You wanna come in?" He nodded and we sat on the couch.

After talking and watching tv a bit he went home. Suddenly the tv stopped working. I frowned and grabbed the remote. After pushing all the buttons on it, it still didn't work. I got up to push all the wires and cables on its place, and it again didn't react. I shook my head and I went to sit on the couch again. I didn't even payed attention to the tv at all, but now it was just so quiet.

I tried to remember what happened yesterday, but I still can't. I wonder how I got in the mancave. My chest hurts a little too, like someone pushed me really hard on that place. All I remember was that I went to the club, but after that, it's all a black space. And then I woke up in the mancave. I need to know what happened.

I got up and changed my clothes. I went to the mancave. When I walked in, there was no one. Charlotte, Jasper and Jake were probably at school. But wait.. Why wasn't Samuel at school? Hm, whatever.

I walked a little around. I sure do miss this place, but I can't go back to my job as Kid Danger. I signed and sat myself down on the round couch.

It was already 15 minutes later but there still wasn't anyone. I already called Schwoz by his name a few times because he is actually always in the mancave, but he also wasn't here. Suddenly I got a weird feeling. Something wasn't right.

I got my phone and tried calling Ray. Weird enough I heard his phone go over. I walked to the sound of his ringtone. His phone was where the computers are. I picked his phone up and I looked at the screen. He saved my name as 'Ex sidekick'. I rolled my eyes and I hung up.

Ray always has his phone with him so he must be here. There was only one place I didn't look. I walked to the tubes and said "down the tube!" And I got shot down.

When I arrived, it was totally dark. Something is really wrong here. I heard loud breathing from different directions coming. I was scared. Suddenly the lights got switched on.

"There is my work buddie!" I heard a familiar voice saying. I turned around and my mouth almost dropped to the ground.

No... this can't be true..