17. Old friend

Henry pov.

~~

We escaped and we went to Samuel's place. He has a little laboratory in his basement because of his dad. That's why Samuel knows so much about those kind of things. Thankfully there was no one at his home.

"I'm gonna find out what they did to them." He said.

"Wait, what actually happened to you? To us? Drex said that you were out of the picture. And what happened to me? I got my life saved by Ray?"

"I thought you knew?"

"No.. I said to Drex I knew but I actually had no idea what he was talking about."

"Henry.." Samuel started. "You drowned. You went out at night and when you were drunk you walked into a lake and nearly drowned. Captain Man did CPR on you. That's why you still are alive."

"Ooh.. That explains the pain I had on my chest this morning." I said. He nodded.

"What I don't understand is, is that how come Jake is suddenly against Captain Man?" I said.

"Hmm.. I don't know either, but I think it's because Captain Man wants you and not Jake.

"Yeah that can be right. Jake is such a loser. I already knew it the first day I met you two."

Samuel nodded, turned around and looked at me.

"You know.. I knew Jake before I came to Swellview high school."

"Huh what..?" There were coming more and more questions in my head.

"You knew him? How?" I asked confused.

"We were together on the same school when we were about 7 years old, so I know him for more than 10 years now. We were best friends. We did everything together and you know.. Just being best friends. Until one day. We got into a fight for some stupid reason and we both would go to a other school, but strangely enough it happened to be the same one. This school."

I looked at Samuel shocked. They were friends for over 10 years?? I didn't really know how to react.

"Wow.. that's insane..." I managed to bring out.

He bit his lip an nodded.

"You two were best friends, so you know how he is. Was he also like this at that time?" I asked.

"Well, that's why I'm so confused, because he would never hurt a single fly. Like I'm serious. Once there was a fly bothering us while we were watching a movie at his home. So I wanted to smack it but he literally stopped me because he felt bad for the fly."

I looked at Samuel with one eyebrow raised.

"Uhmm.. okay?" I said.

He nodded his head and smiled sadly, but quickly recovered and took the samples blood out of his pockets and started to work with them. I wasn't sure how much time had passed until Samuel said he was done. We had to wait a day before we could have results.

"What are we gonna do know?" I asked Samuel. He looked at me and I could see that he didn't know either.

"Let's just wait and see because I don't think there is much we can do at this moment. I agreed.

We decided to watch a movie in his room. Even though we both knew we wouldn't really watch it and just sit there and thinking.

I tried to stay calm as long as I could, but after 30 minutes i've had enough. I got up.

"We can't just sit here and 'watch' a movie while our friends need our help. Even though we can't really do something for them now, we still can try to find Drex and Jake to see what they are up to next."

Samuel got up too.

"I get your point. I really do. But do you know how dangerous that is? What if Drex captures us again?"

"I guess I just have to deal with that then."

"Henry, can't you just listen to me for once? Let's wait till the samples are done so we know what is wrong with your friends and then we'll figure out what to do?"

"Yeah you can do that. I'm going on my own. See ya." I said and walked out of his room.

"Henry wait!" I heard from Samuel, but I didn't listen.

I am going to find Drex and Jake and that's final!

~~

[A/N] Helloo everyone, I'm so sorry for not updating for a very long time :c I really am! But I'll start updating more often now. Thank you so much for still reading this story :) ❤️