doyoung

"hey, doyoung, let's go out?" you asked your boyfriend who was placing his books on his locker.

"yeah, sure. where to?"

"i'm craving for some boba, let's go." you said aa you turned around and began to walk. doyoung was following behind you.

as you walked, you stared down at the ground, thoughts running through your mind. you were going to leave korea and go to america to study abroad since it's what your parents want.

you knew that telling doyoung about this was going to be hard. you didn't want to see the love of your life cry and beg you to stay. it has been keeping you up all night, not knowing how to tell the news to doyoung.

"hey, something wrong?" doyoung asked, snapping you out of your thoughts. "you seem stressed. you didn't stay up all night, did you?"

"no, nothing wrong."

"you didn't answer the other question."

"i just, um, had to study."

"but exams aren't coming yet?"

you stayed quiet, running out of excuses. doyoung suddenly gave you a side hug. you really wanted to cry so hard in front of him right now, but you had to control your emotions. you didn't want this to be his last hug.

after a few minutes of walking awkwardly silent, you two arrived at the boba shop. you took youe backpack off and placed it on one of the seats but doyoung stopped you.

"you sit down, i'll go order." he said with a smile and you nodded.

as you sat down, the thoughts from earlier came back to your head. you didn't know how to tell him, you didn't want to tell him at all.

two cups of boba were then placed in front of you. it was then you realized that you've zoned out for too long.

"y/n, you're making me worried. you've been zoning out a lot and you've been quiet lately. what's wrong? is there something you want to tell me?"

you took a sip of the drink on your hand before placing it down. you sighed, looking down at the floor.

"doyoung, i love you, so much, really. i don't want to leave you, but my parents' decisions are making me. i'm leaving korea soon and i won't be attending school starting on monday. i'm moving to america and maybe i'm going to study there till college."

the both of you stayed silent. you cried silently, tears streaming down slowly. then you sobbed.

"i don't want to leave you. i've been trying to convince my parents to make me stay here but nothing worked. i'm sorry."

doyoung began to cry as he reached out for your hands. he placed his two fingers under your chin and lifting it up, making you face him and stare into his eyes.

seeing tears run down his cheeks broke your heart. you promised yourself not to make him cry but you just broke your own promise. you felt like your heart broken into the tiniest pieces possible, and it hurt so much.

"i love you too. i will always love you. remember that. every single second we spent together was a memory to be cherished. you're the best thing that ever happened to me. i don't think i will be able to find someone like you."

"d-doyoung, don't think about me much when i'm gone. i'm not the only girl on earth. i know that you'll be able to love someone, perhaps more than you love me."

"y/n, i'll wait for you."

"i have to go." you said, hurriedly standing up from your seat, picking up your bag and leaving the place.