yoonbin

arranged marriage au
requested by royalxunqi

"y/n, i told you to wear this. it shows your curves more." your mom told you as she hands you a body fit dress.

"what?! mom, are you crazy?"

"watch your mouth, young lady. your mother and i are doing this for your own good." your dad said.

"my own good? you mean the company's own good. i know why you're dolling me up. i wasn't eavesdropping, i just heard. who's the guy again? ha yoon something?"

"ha yoonbin, the son of ha seojun and han miyoung."

"when's the marriage?" you asked, feeling your heart break a little.

it felt unfair for you, you never had the freedom to choose someone you love. as much as you hate it, you have to marry yoonbin for the sake of your family's company.

"in two months. we're giving you and yoonbin a lot of time to know each other and get along. the both of you will go to paris in seven days." your mom answers.

"at least i get to go to paris." you said.

"thank you for doing this, y/n. it means a lot."

"okay, sure but can i not wear that? please?"

"fine, yoonbin doesn't look like a picky guy anyway."

"i'll hope he isn't."

"we're here." your dad said as the car stopped.

it was one of seoul's famous restaurants. it was pretty expensive too. you didn't like eating at restaurants like this honestly. you preferred homemade food.

"yuna, misung, it good to see you tonight!" han miyoung said, embracing your mother.

"ah, miyoung, it feels the same to see you and seojun. where's yoonbin?"

"he's inside, i think he's shy. what about y/n?"

"h-hi, mrs. han." you said, popping out behind your mom.

"hello, dear. you look stunning." mrs. han compliments you.

you smiled before scanning yourself. you wore a simple short jumper with a plain black tshirt and a pair of white converse shoes. your makeup wasn't too much, just a simple lip tint on the lips, light eyeshadow, light pink blush and a little powder and foundation.

"let's go in?" mr. ha said, guiding you and your parents inside.

the six of you sat in a circle table. your parents were sitting next to each other and so were yoonbin's parents, which lead you to sit beside him.

you felt so anxious since you have never dated anyone in your life. you were still and stiff, making sure not to hit yoonbin or something.

even though you hated the arranged marriage, you were thankful that yoonbin was good looking. his eyes were cute, his nose was kinda tall and his lips were beautifully pink. his eyes sparkle when he smiles and you immediately had a crush on him. you two were going to spend the rest of your lives together anyway.

"are you feeling comfortable?" yoonbin suddenly asks you, making your heart beat fast suddenly.

"i- i guess so."

"don't worry, if you feel uncomfortable, so do i. and n-no, it's not because of you. it's just that, don't you feel it's unfair?"

"yeah, it is. there's nothing i can do anyway, it's just for the sake of the company."

"so, uh, should we introduce ourselves?"

"oh, right. i'm y/n, y/n park. eighteen, just graduated high school, has a dog and i dance. also, i love bubble tea."

"i'm ha yoonbin. we're the same age, i own a dog but it's like a family pet. my sisters take care of it most of the time. and i rap, also dance."

"that's cool! we should dance together sometime."

"or everyday. you do know that we're going to spend the rest of the days together, right?"

"wait, really? but where?"

"my mom, dad and i used to live in this house not far from our company but we then moved so they're giving that house to us."

"oh, wow."

it's been two months since you and yoonbin met and as days passed by, the both of you started to grow feelings for each other. now, you don't feel like the marriage is forced anymore. it felt like destiny actually planned to make the both of you meet.

"i never knew my life would be this cliché," you said as you looked at yourself on the mirror.

it was your wedding day with yoonbin. the makeup artist was yoonbin's sister. the both of you became close too, and she treated you just like a real sister.

"oh shut up, y/n. it's not cliché, it's just perfect." she said as she placed some liptint on your lips. "look at how pretty you are. yoonbin's going to blush like crazy."

you laughed as an image of yoonbin's cute smile pops up in your mind. you were so excited to see him.

after a few minutes, the wedding ceremony starts. you got off the bridal car, wearing your elegant white dress with laces and white roses.

as you walked, you locked eyes with yoonbin. you felt your heart race, as if the both of you just met. you were about to cry, but you had to control yourself. his sister told you not to cry before the vows because the beautiful makeup would be ruined.

"you look beautiful like you always do." he whispers to your ear.

"i think you are more stunning though." you said with a giggle.

the both of you stood in front of each other, looking at each other with eyes full of love. the both of you waited for this day to come.

"ha yoonbin, do you take park y/n as your wife?"

"i do."

"park y/n, do you take ha yoonbin as your husband?"

"i do."