Orientation

I arrived at the restaurant at 11:55 pm. There was only one car in the parking lot, and very few lights on in the building. I walked inside the building (the door was shockingly unlocked), and found the lights in the main stage area were the only ones on. I could still see the 3 characters on the stage, only they were shut off and not moving now. Somehow that made them look creepier.

I heard footsteps approaching from the back. It actually frightened me because it was so quiet before then.

The manager walked into the room to see who had come in. He smiled when he saw me.

"Welcome to your first night!" He said with glee. "Excited?"

"I guess," I replied.

"Better than a no! Follow me and I'll show you your station."

He then started heading to the back of the restaurant, and I had no choice but to follow him.

"It's pretty scary here without light, I know," he admitted, "but don't worry; you have plenty of light in your room."

"That's good to hear!" I said with a relief.

He was right when he said he was scary without light. It looked nothing like the happy, joyful place I was in only hours before.

"Here we are!"

I saw a small room with 2 doors, one on each side. There was definitely light in it, though, so that was good.

"There's your seat," he said, referring to the black chair in the center of the room.

I went into the room and sat down in the chair. It was a little cramped in here, but at least I had leg and arm room.

In front of me was a desk with papers, a phone, a fan, and some food wrappers. There were posters for Freddy Fazbear's Pizza all over the walls, as well as some drawings that looked like they came from children.

Next to each of the doors were 2 buttons; there was a white one labeled 'Light' and a red one labeled 'Door'.

Finally, in front, was a blank screen, which I assumed was where the security feed would come from.

"Now, there's one important thing I have to tell you," The manager told me through the hallway. "Like I said, we have money problems. So we can't afford to keep the main electricity running all the time. So during your shift, the only power in the building will come from a generator that, if used properly, can last at least 6 hours."

"Doesn't sound too bad," I said with a shrug.

"Well, the more electrical objects are used," he explained, "the faster the battery will drain."

"Makes sense."

"Right, but you could end up using a lot of power throughout your shift. For example, the cameras use power, the door lights use power, the doors themselves use power... heck, you could just sit here and use power from the lights in the room!"

"Oh!"

I had no idea how much I would need power. I just hoped it would be easy to conserve it.

"Oh, one more thing," he said.

He then pulled out a piece of paper and a pen.

"If you could sign this, that would be great."

"What is it?"

"It's basically a contract saying you'll stay here the whole time during your shift, you won't break anything, steal anything, bring a friend or relative in, you know. Legal stuff."

"Oh, OK."

So I grabbed the pen and signed it.

"Well, it's almost time for your shift to start," he said while looking at his watch. "I'm sure everything will be fine. I'll see you in the morning!"

"Alright. See you!"

I was actually really nervous; this was NOT alright. But I couldn't back out now.

He then left and I deeply exhaled. I hoped this would go smoothly.

I heard a clock chime. I looked up and saw a clock that read 12:00 am. My first night had officially begun. I just hoped it would go by fast.