Night 2

I arrived to work at 11:50 pm (God forbid I be late and get sued). The manager was in the front area again, only this time he didn't greet me with a smile. In fact, he didn't say anything. He just gave a quick nod and left the place. This was going to be one awkward career with him.

I then went into my office and waited until my shift officially started. Let me tell you, it was the longest 10 minutes of my life.

This whole day wasn't very fun. I started sleeping as soon as I got home and I didn't wake up until 3 in the afternoon. Macey asked how the job was. I shrugged and said it was fine. If I would've told her the truth, she would've never believed me.

Then, the clock rang 12 and I deeply exhaled as I prepared for my second night.

A minute later, the phone rang. I was sort of expecting it this time, so I wasn't as surprised. The loud noise after a bit of silence will still cause a scare, though.

I then picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hello!"

It was the same guy from last night.

"Well, hey! You made it to night two! Congrats!"

"Thanks."

"Now, I won't talk quite as long this time, seeing as how Freddy and his friends become more active as the week progresses," he explained. "It might be a good idea to look at the cameras while I talk to make sure everyone's in their proper place."

With that, I quickly looked at the camera and sighed with relief.

"They're still on stage," I told him.

"Good," he told me. "You know, interestingly enough, Freddy doesn't come off the stage very often!"

"Really?"

That would help a lot; one less robot I have to deal with.

"Yeah, but I heard he becomes a lot more active in the dark, though... But hey, I guess that's one more reason to not run out of power,  right?"

"Right," I replied with a nervous laugh.

"Oh, I also want to emphasize the importance of using your door lights," he continued.

"Good, because I was wondering what those were for."

I then pressed the white button and the hallway outside my door lit up.

"You see, there are blind spots in your camera view," he explained, "and those blind spots happen to be right outside your doors."

At least those were the only blind spots.

"So, if you can't see something... or someone... on your camera, be sure to check your door lights. You might only have a few seconds to react... Not that would be in any danger, of course. I'm not implying that."

"Of course not."

I'm not sure how unintentionally sarcastic that came out.

"Also, check on the curtain in Pirate Cove from time to time."

"Why?"

I then turned the camera on, only to discover Bonnie was off the stage! After finding him in the dining area, I switched to Pirate Cove's camera, where I just found a closed curtain with a 'Sorry, OUT OF ORDER' sign in front.

"The character in there seems to unique in that he becomes more active when the cameras are turned off for a long period of time," he explained. "I guess he doesn't like to be watched. I don't know."