Night Shift 101

When the manager showed up, I left without saying a word, as did he. As I left and headed for my car, though, I heard someone give a quick whistle for attention. I looked around and saw what looked like a homeless man in the alleyway a few buildings over.

"Hey, you!" He called out. "You that new security guard over at there pizza place?"

"Um... Yes," I replied slowly.

"Come here!" He called out to me. "I can help you!"

Did he somehow know about what happens in the place?

"Um... I'm actually kinda tired," I told him. It wasn't a lie, either!

"Do you wanna die tomorrow?!"

"No...!"

"Then get over here so I can help you!!"

I paused before exhaling and jogging towards him. If I was going to potentially die, I'd rather it be from a hobo than a robot.

"Listen," he said quietly when I got to him. "Your next shift will be your 4th night, right?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"And has that evil bear started moving yet?"

"Yeah...!"

"Let me tell you, he's a sneaky one! You'll never see him get in your room until it's too late!"

"What do you mean?!"

"I mean, you gotta keep your eyes on him at all times! When you look in your cameras and don't see him, he's already in there with you!"

"I'm sorry, but how do you know all of this?!"

"I used to work at that goddamned place," he replied.

"But, how did you quit?"

"Quit?!"

He then burst into laughter.

"Boy, I didn't quit! I couldn't!"

"So... What happened?"

"I didn't show up for work, that's what!"

"So... That means you..."

"... got sued for everything I own? Yes, I did. That's why I am how I am now."

"I'm so sorry..."

"Hey, it was the best experience of my life! After that, I got fired and I was free from that hell!"

"So why are you here?"

"To warn guards to come about how to survive that job!"

"Well, if all I have to do is watch for Freddy..."

He then laughed again.

"You think that's all?! You also gotta watch for the bunny and the ducky-thing!"

"Why?"

"Those bastards can break your wiring! If you don't lock them out in time, they'll stop your lights and door from working! Then they'll get ya when you check your camera!"

"How do you know?"

"I've seen it happen to innocent fools who didn't know better..."

"So what do I do if that happens?"

"The only thing you can do is close the other door and just sit there. No using the camera or any electronic of the sort. You gotta conserve what power you have left!"

"That's risky..."

"But it's the only way!"

"..."

I was wondering how serious this guy was. Maybe the job made him too crazy.

"Well... Thanks for the advice."

"Remember what I said!" He said sternly.

"I will," I replied.

I then went back towards my car.

"Remember: watch the bear and keep that bunny and duck from breaking the wires!"

"Got it!"

I then got in my car and pulled away. I began thinking of what he said. I had a feeling I REALLY wasn't going to like my 4th night.