Research

"Whatcha doing?" Macey asked as she looked over my shoulder.

"Just doing research on Freddy Fazbear's," I replied, not taking my eyes of the computer screen.

"Why?"

"I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right about the place."

"What do you mean?"

"I... don't know."

I didn't want to lie to her, but I know how ridiculous this whole thing sounded.

"Alrighty then..." she then walked away to make us dinner.

I honestly didn't know what I'd find with my research, but I knew I had to find something that would help me or explain something.

After a quick Google search of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, I quickly came across a shocking fact: the place was not very popular!

It has gotten poor reviews over the years and customers have not been happy with the quality.

The most recent complaint was the report of a mother who found what appeared to be blood and a mucous-like substance around the eyeballs of one of the animatronic characters. If I didn't know better, I'd be concerned, as well. Of course, I still was.

"Dinner's ready!" Macey called out.

I then closed the screen and went into the dining room.

"You okay?" She asked as I took a bite out of my Tombstone pizza.

"Yeah. Why?" I replied as I swallowed.

"I don't know. Ever since you started working, you've been acting different."

"I'm still adjusting to my new sleep schedule," I explained.

"I know... I hope that's the only reason why."

I wanted so badly to tell her that it's not the only reason, that I hated my job and I wanted out of it so bad and that every night has a risk of dying!

"It is," I replied, and kept eating.

There wasn't much conversation after that.