Discovery

I knew I had a few minutes before the manager would show up, so I decided to do something real quick. I snuck out of the office and ran towards the back room, where all the animal costumes were.

I see the live feed of this room every night, but I've never seen it in person. It looked the same, but felt very uneasy. One reason for that was the terrible smell.

I felt like I was going to gag as I walked in, it was just so foul-smelling. I then looked at the corner of the room with the security camera. I then saw something I hadn't seen in the feed: a Freddy suit that appeared to be a spare! It was slouched over and lifeless, and had no signs of a metal endoskeleton.

I also managed to figure out that it was the source of the foul smell! I wondered what was going on with it, but I knew The Phone Guy wanted me to see this. I realized this had to be for either 2 reasons. Either over involved something horrible inside of it...

I heard the front door open up.

"Mr. Schmidt?" The manager called out. "Where are you?"

"In the back room," I replied.

I could hear total silence.

"Why?" He finally asked.

"I smelled something in here," I told him. "I wanted to see what it was."

"So, you left the office during your shift...?!"

"No! I just got in here! I promise! Check the cameras yourself!"

He then poked his head in the doorway.

"I'll be sure to," he promised.

"You might want to wash these suits," I told him, playing dumb. "They smell like someone died in them."

He just stared at me blankly.

"Of course," he finally said. "I'll make sure it's done."

With that, I walked out and left work. I needed all the rest I could manage for tonight.