25. Tomorrow's Good but Tonight is Better

I woke up on the closet floor, the next morning. I didn't remember falling asleep but I remembered the voices. I had a text from my mom that I'd better get ready if I wanted her to drop me off at Kiwi's. I didn't even remember telling her that I had planned on going there. She hadn't been letting me drive lately, afraid I'd drive my car off a bridge over Dan. I couldn't say I blamed her, even though I hated being back at the stage of asking for rides.

      Kiwi had texted me that the front door was open and to let myself in

    Kiwi had texted me that the front door was open and to let myself in. I bolted up the porch steps and through the front door, before his mom could see me and attack me with one of her machine gun greeting assaults. I heard music coming from his room, as I ascended the stairs. He had one of those huge doors, like you'd see in an old haunted house with the big keyholes. I looked through the hole and saw him sitting on his bed, singing to himself and playing his acoustic guitar. I jiggled the door knob, to no avail, so I just threw myself into the door; busting it open and falling inside. He gasped and dropped his guitar, hiding under the blankets like they would shield him from my gun blasts, if I were a robber.

Realizing it was me and that he wasn't being burgled, he picked up the guitar and began playing again.
T: "We need to get to work."
K: "We will then."
T: "No, now." 
I unplugged his laptop and dropped it on the bed next to him.
T: "You're already logged onto Facebook. Send me a relationship request, so I can accept it."
He made a somber face, like the one he made the night before when I mentioned doing this. My blood started to boil, knowing I'd have to give another speech.
K: "I don't think I can do this."
T: "Is baby Kiwi scared of big bad Alexis?"
K: "Taylor, you have no idea how angry she'll be. I don't think there's a word in the Webster's for me to accurately describe this to you. She will cut me."

He pulled his grey beanie off and ran his hands through his hair, twisting his mouth up like he was disappointed in himself. I'd learned to categorize what speeches to use and when, in my mental filing cabinet. You had your sympathy speeches, your 'this is all your fault because...' speeches, and your classic insult speeches to make someone feel bad about themselves, so you could take advantage of them in their guilt ridden state. This situation definitely called for a third party bash speech, specifically designed for convincing the person you were with to hate the person who wasn't there, so you can get them on your side with no interference.
T: "Kiwi, I'm sorry I have to do this but it's for your own good."
I raised my hand and slapped him across the face so hard, it echoed around the room and almost knocked him off the bed.
T: "You are gonna stop being lord of the pussies right now! She is not your girlfriend anymore and no one makes you listen to her, but you. You give her all the power. Do you think she cared how you felt when she cheated on you!?"
He was dead silent, as he stared at me with wide eyes and his mouth hanging open. I couldn't tell if he was taken aback by my words or just plain scared of me.