41. Suck Start A Pistol

I didn't get a word out before I heard a huge explosion behind me, from somewhere outside. I whipped my head around, to look out the window, and saw a blinding blue light flash in the distance. It only lasted a few seconds, then clouds of smoke became visible, rising over the trees and buildings; I assumed coming from the same area. I didn't know if it was a meteor or the mother ship or what. I also considered maybe it was a sign to keep my mouth shut and the time wasn't right to tell him anything, as that explosion's timing was eerily on point.
I turned back to look at Kiwi, seeing if he wanted to finish our talk. He looked more concerned with the sight outside, looking completely mesmerized with his mouth hanging open.
K: "Let's go."
T: "Go where!?
K: "See what that is." 
T: "...I'm naked...and quite frankly, pretty sore. I'd rather not."
He picked up the clothes he'd taken off of me hours earlier and chucked them at me like an asshole, before throwing his clothes on and heading downstairs. I guess I didn't have much of a choice. I didn't understand why he was so consumed with whatever was going on outside, rather than what was going on with us.

             He got his brother's car keys off the hook by the front door and I followed him out to the car

He got his brother's car keys off the hook by the front door and I followed him out to the car. I was slightly excited to go on an adventure to investigate the unknown, but I knew I couldn't be off the hook from answering his questions and he had to still be furious with me. I watched him, as he drove. I'd never seen him drive before. It was strange to see him behind the wheel and in control. I watched him mouth directions to himself, as he continuously turned up this street and down that street. I wanted to kiss him again or at least hold his hand, but I wasn't sure if he'd push me off, out of anger.

As we got closer, I saw that the smoke had gotten thicker and there were fire trucks everywhere. Apparently, what I'd seen was an electrical tower being struck by lightning, from the storm that had been going on. I felt disappointed that it wasn't something whimsical or magical or the apocalypse, like I was hoping.  We got out of the car to walk over but could barely get close enough to see anything. The few people that were crowded around the scene were starting to get pushed back, as they began to fence off the area and fire trucks were showing up.

We got back in the car without saying a word to each other, and began to drive back through the maze of streets. It scared me that he hadn't spoken; not even to ask again what I'd lied about. We came to a red light at one of the streets, maybe 5 minutes away from his house. There was no one around but the light wouldn't change. I noticed a man walking up the street, coming toward us, looking dirty and untrustworthy. He slowed down as he got closer and stared into the car.
T: "Can we just go? I don't like that guy over there." K: "The light's red. It's a traffic violation. You need to stop hanging around your mom so much."

"