Chapter 1: Movin' to the Groovin'

Hey it's me, I just want to say to all my new and old readers that this story is undergoing some major editing so If you get confused don't worry it'll all make sense in the end.

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

It's moving day today. I've been dreading this day, this moment for weeks. I have to say goodbye. I'm leaving my friends, I'm going to go to a new school, and my childhood home is all packed up and ready to go. All that remains is an empty shell of what it used to be the perfect home. Sorry to bring you down for a moment there. My name is Molly Scott, I'm sixteen years old and my whole family is moving to Texas. I have seven brothers. Growing up with that many boys means that everything is a competition. Our parents "solution" was putting us all in different sports and activities. Most boys don't think I can or should but all I say is " This girl plays football... get over it."

The doorbell rings. I already know who it is. Breath, Molly, you'll be fine. Just breath. When I open the door all I see is a flash of blond hair and I get tackled. That's my best friend Saydie, she's wild but I love her. I'm going to miss her the most. With tears in my eyes, I look up just in time to see the rest of my friends approaching, ready to envelope me in a group hug. Since you've already met Saydie I should introduce everyone else. First there's Barry, he's the quiet one of the group. But when he does decide to talk you better listen because it's either going to be really funny or something insanely smart. Then there's the twins Riley and Thomas. If any of us were going to be arrested for something stupid it'd be these two. Not that they're stupid or anything, their ideas aren't always the brightest. Next is Toby. Toby is the dad friend of the group. He's always giving good advice and telling dad jokes. Joey, is the Cool Dude™ of the group. Sometimes he pretends he's too cool for us and threatens to find cooler friends but we all know he loves us deep down under all of his 'coolness'. And last but not least is James. James is very confident in who he is. He doesn't care what anyone thinks, he does what he wants when he wants. Saydie and I are the only girls in the group and we're okay with it. We have each other. Don't cry... Don't cry... don- I'm crying.

"Molly, are you okay?" Toby asks, jerking me out of my thoughts.

I nod, I cannot make them sad too.

"Dude! She's crying. Of course she's not okay," Saydie says, beginning to tear up. When I cry she cries and vise versa.

"I'm fine!" I shout when they start to hug me again, "Really, I am! I was just thinking about how much "fun" I'm going to have riding with my brothers for an entire car ride"

They know I'm lying but no one calls me out on it. That's just how we work.

When the time comes to actually say goodbye, I've pulled myself together enough to give each of my friends a hug and tell them I'll miss them. My family loads up into our large van and hits the road. As I said before I have seven brothers. The oldest is Henry who's 26, next are Ronny and Garrett who are 24, after them is Alex who is 19, then there's Aaron and Dallas who are 18 and finally there's my twin brother Brett and myself. We're 16 and the youngest. Henry moved to Australia to study the wildlife, he comes home at least once every 6 months. Ronny and Garrett rent an apartment together about a mile of their college campus. Their college is about an hour away from our new house. The rest of us live at home but Alex left a week before we did and Henry came to help with the move. Right now Mom is asleep and Dad is driving. Aaron and Dallas are in the middle seat, on their phones, listening to music or watching TV or something. And Brett and I are in the back talking about whether the football team will even let me try out. He doubts it and I'm worried that he might be right.