Chapter 7

Tracy

Truth be told, I did what Carson told me to do with my knees as soon as they left. It burnt and hurt like crazy, but I did it. I checked up on Skylar one last time before going to bed. She said she took a medicine and if she really does not feel any better by morning, she will skip school and go to the doctor and I said to just let me know if she wants me to come with her because after the incident I am not sure if we should travel alone. She thanked me and said, she should be doing okay and she said she is going off to bed and she is sorry about tonight, but I just told her that everything is fine and then I went to bed myself.

The next morning I woke up due to the sunlight coming in from the window and groaned because I forgot to put the blinds last night. I checked the time and it was almost 7 am and my class does not starts until noon. I quickly pulled the blinds down and went to bed. I woke up again at around 10: 36 am and I quickly took a shower and got ready and stepped out of the room. I saw Skylar looking pale as ever and she got eye bag under her eyes.

"Skylar? are you okay?" I asked as I hurriedly walked to her.

"I didn't get much sleep last night. I booked an appointment and it is not until 5 pm." she give me a small smile.

"Why not go to a walk-in?" I said.

"I really don't want to wait in that space and who knows when my turn will be."

"But you are waiting now?" I said confused.

"Yea.. in this space. If I go for walk-in they will make me wait and then the smell of disinfectant will make me puke more."

I give her a sympathetic look. "I will come with you." I said.

"What about your class?" she asked.

"My class gets over at 3:55 pm." I said. "You want me to call Elliot or someone to drop us off?" I asked unsure if she will manage to take a bus ride

"We should be fine. We gave them enough trouble last night." she said and I asked if she was sure about taking the bus ride.

I made some soup for her before I left for classes. I told her to call me anytime if she can't take it anymore and then I left. I went to my locker first to grab somethings and I saw Carson leaning near the locker and standing casually while scanning the hallway for someone? His eyes met mine and he sighed in relieved?

"You are pretty late today?" he asked. "Are you okay?"

"I don't have morning classes today." I give a small smile as I opened my locker.

"That sounds fun. How is your roomie doing?" He asked.

"Not much better... we are going to the doctor later." I said as I started packing my things for the class.

"How are you guys going?" he asked.

"We will figure that out later." I said honestly.

"How about I drop you guys off?" he asked casually.

"Skylar said we should be fine." I said. "She doesn't want to trouble any of you."

"It would be more troublesome if something happens to you two." he said.

"I think we will be fine." I said thinking.

"What time is the appointment?" he asked.

"5 pm." I said and I shut the locker. "I will see you around." I smiled at Carson. He was not that bad like I thought.

"See you." he said as he watch me leave first.

I reached the classroom and was not at all surprised by the crowd entering all together and looking for space. I got a space right at the back because I was late and there was no space available in the front of middle. I mentally groaned and reminded myself that next time I will come in as early as possible. I was pretty surprise when a guy sat next to me. He screamed of trouble with tattoos on his arms and smell of cigarettes coming from him. I pretended that I was reading some things and avoided any conversation, but it seemed like it didn't work because he whispered,

"Hello, My name is Cameron." He said giving me a award-winning smile. His green eyes sparkling.

"Tracy." I said back trying to be polite.

"That's a lovely name." He said.

"Thanks?" I said unsure.

And I was happy and relieved when the professor started the class. When the class ended, Cameron followed me outside and started having a conversation and I moved my feet as quickly as possible.

"Are you free to get some coffee? My treat." He said as he easily kept up with my pace with his long legs.

"I'm actually busy." I said, which is true.

"That's too bad." He said.

I didn't say anything and I didn't want to keep Skylar waiting, so I quickly walked towards my locker and I was not sure if it was a good idea showing him where my locker is.

"You are walking way too fast." He joked.

"I'm running late for something." I said honestly.

"Do you have a ride or something? Maybe I can drop you off?" He said.

This guy does not take the hints or is just pretending that he cannot understand. I stopped near my locker to put something back and he was hovering around me making me feel uncomfortable.

"Babe, is everything okay?" I heard Carson's voice before I see him and I was relieved to hear his voice. Cameron moved back a little allowing me a little space to see Carson, but Cameron just stuck to my side.

I looked at Cameron and then at Carson who was glaring at Cameron.

"What's up, man?" Cameron asked casually.

"You might as well keep your distance from my girlfriend." Carson said talking about how Cameron is way too close for my comfort.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" Cameron asked me and when I nodded my head, yes. He took a step back, but didn't leave. "I am so sorry about that. I hope the first impression of me was not bad." He said.

Carson was fuming, I can make out by his hands in fist and him gritting his teeth.

"Well, we have to get going." I said to Cameron with a polite smile as I shut the locker and dragged Carson out before he starts something too.

"That guy can't take hints." He said annoyed.

"Doesn't really matter and you should stop calling me your girlfriend." I pointed out.

"Well, you are my girlfriend. You are a girl and my friend." He said it in the most obvious tone.

Such an original line, I thought to myself.

"Thanks once again for that one, I will see you." I said quickly as I have to rush back to Skylar.

"I'm coming with you." He said as he started walking beside me and I stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"Now we both know that Skylar may vomit and something worse can take place if she takes a public transit. I might as well drop you guys." He said.

"I -but" I was not sure who Skylar will take it.

"It's fine." He said and he just started walking. "I will get my car to your residence." He called out. "See you later,babe."

I chuckled.. I will get used to the name he calls me if he keeps saying that.

I met Skylar and she was looking more sick if that is possible and I explained to her that Carson will be dropping us off. Skylar did not have any energy left to argue so she just nodded her head. Carson came to the door to see if Skylar needed help to go down.

We helped her go down and to the car and I was surprised to see someone standing there..

Author's Note: Thank you for taking your time to read this book and also read our other book, Beautiful You. Please give this chapter a vote and share it with as many readers as you can. Next update will be tomorrow. Happy readings!