Chapter 58

Tracy

Laurie looked upset and a little disappointed as I walked inside the house. My grandma looked pleased and somewhat proud, that I came home. Of course, she thinks she won like always.

"You keep running away and creating some drama." My grandma said as she sipped her drink from one of the expensive cup.

"Tell me about it." I said, as I stood and looked at her. "where is mom or dad?"

"Patience, child. I thought I taught you well."

I chuckled. "Are you sure about that?"

"Stop being sassy." She said as she put her cup down.

"Learnt it from someone." I give her a smile.

She pretended to not hear it and said, "You better get your things straight and start going out with Liam, he was so disappointed, that you did not text him back."

"Can you not?" I said. "I came back here not to play your cupid game."

"We never spoke about this." She said, thoughtfully. "Think of it as a part of the deal."

I scoffed. "I didn't know you can add petty details after the contract is sign, are you sure that you are a legal business woman? They usually make sure that the party understand all the deal."

She smiled at me, "You should have seriously took over my businesses."

"And be like you? I rather skip it."

"Go to your room." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"I am going out." I shrugged.

"Why? Didn't you just return?"

"I am going shopping." I said.

She looked doubtful and then shrugged. "Peter will be with you for your security." She said and I know her "security" means he will keep an eye on me.

"You should pick lots of dresses and good clothings, you and Liam will be going out soon."

I did not say anything as I went to my room. I came down wearing my most comfortable clothing.

"I will call Liam this evening for dinner."

"Whatever." I said as I walked out of the house.

Peter will never betray my grandma,that's what my grandma thought.

"Laurie and I spoke about it." He said. "She is disappointed of your return."

"I know." I said as I looked out of the window.

"Your parents was here, the day you ran away and Laurie followed you."

"What?" I said as I shifted from my seat and looked at him.

"That's right." He said as he looked at me for a quick moment and back to the road.

"Do they know about all of this? What is going on?"

"They have a little idea of your grandma hiding you." He said. "They tried to pursue your grandma to listen to them."

"Of course, she did not." I said and sighed.

"If Laurie was there, you would be meeting your parents by now." He said with a grim face.

"Everything will fall to its places." I said.

"You look way too calm." He said.

"Calm before the storm."

"Should I be worried about that?" He asked giving me a quick glance.

"Not that I would know of." I teased. "Everything will be alright."

"I wish your grandma see things differently."

"You agree with that too?"

"She has a tough life too, handling a company all by herself is hard."

"She didn't have to worry about that if she had just accepted some certain things in life... but the irony is she is still not accepting it."

"She have lived alone for a long time, her husband left her when she announced she was pregnant."

I stayed silent.

"She doesn't trust anyone."

"Does that include his son and grand-daughter?" I asked.

"She just doesn't know how to show love. She love you so much, that she doesn't want to lose you and she have no idea how to keep you to herself without losing you, so this is her way."

"She let my dad go? She didn't love him."

"She realized, he found the one and only, her life was different. She had to support him all by himself, but he had her, his wife."

"She should have supported him."

"She made mistakes. We all do, it's just we have to learn to accept and apologize for our mistake." As he stopped the car in the entrance of the building. "You can go ahead, I will park the car and call you."

"Grandma would be so shock if she know about this."

"She won't so we should be okay." He grinned.

I smiled at him as I got off the car and towards the entrance. My main reason, for going out right after I landed is mainly to avoid any hint or giving information to my grandma.

I strolled around the mall looking around, Peter was not around and texted me, that he trust me enough to roam by myself, but to call him immediately if I need anything. I had to purchase something in order for my grandma to believe I really needed a new wardrobe thing.

Liam texted me and spoke about our dinner tonight and I sighed. I just wish my grandma would stop giving him hopes, it will break my heart to break his. He is such a nice guy, that he does not deserve that.

"I will see you, tonight." I texted him and just in time to receive a text from Carson- from a new number of his.

"Baby, all is good?"

"You bet." I replied.

"We are working on this, don't worry. We got your back."

"Thank you, baby." I replied.

"Away from that Liam dude, before I kick his b^tt."

I rolled my eyes at his text.

"You know it is not possible, she included that as part of the deal."

"Told you." He texted back, "That motivates me to find your parents by the end of this week because I don't want you to play tea party or whatever with him."

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and a share. Currently I was having Writer's block, which is why I am having a little trouble with uploads. Please add this book to your library, so you will be notify of new updates. Thank you for waiting ❤️ and wait for the storm, that is coming soon in the next few chapters.😦