Chapter 70

Tracy

Grandma took us to her large conference room. Yes, we do have or she have a conference at this house because she holds meetings here when she doesn't go to the office.

We sat on one side and she sat with her lawyer on the other side. Never would I have imagined us doing this to each other, she have been a decent care-taker.

"Grandma, we still have time to talk it through without any legal issues."

She kept quiet and looked at the man beside her.

The meeting started and it seemed like Grandma would be in great trouble if Dad file a case against her.

"How do you know if the document that was provided years back was fake?" Grandma said.

"We will be providing that document to the court and the court will decide the accuracy." Our lawyer said.

The lawyer whom I have seen quite often while growing up was whispering something to grandma and it seemed like she didn't like what she was hearing.

"I'm not going to lose the case neither the company."

"Why don't you talk to your family first, listen to them and talk it out. We'll wait for you to finish talking." The man said standing up.

"How can I be sure they won't use it against me?" Grandma asked.

"Because family doesn't do things like this." Mom said. "We don't go and stab people from behind especially our family."

The lawyers quietly left the room as I stared at the glass window. The view in this room is quite beautiful and distracting.

"We want to thank you for bringing her up in ways that we couldn't." Mom started.

"Don't pretend that you appreciate it, and don't try to act nice. I've been nothing but not nice to any of you and you being nice is making me angry."

"You shouldn't feel suspicious of your own family." Dad said.

"I've made your life miserable. How can I trust you are not here to ruin mine's?"

"Families don't do that, at least we won't." Mom said, "We learnt quite a lot of things these years. You should stop thinking about your company. We know you love your company, but you will be miserable at the end. We all will go back to San Francisco including Tracy and you will be all alone because you give up on us for the company."

"She was suppose to be the heir."

"Have you ever asked her what she wanted to do? Have you allowed her to do something that she wanted without you deciding for her?" Dad asked. "You want her to take over the company but never allowed her to make her own decisions not even when it came to her friends. You know if she takes over, you will still have power in the company."

Grandma frowned at that thought.

"We heard about the engagement you were planning with the Scotts." Dad said. "We are against the marriage as her parents."

"You lost the rights to call her your parents." Grandma smirked.

Mom shake her head, "That's legally..but we are still her parents and when we file the case and the law will bring justice, we will have rights again."

"She's not a teenager anymore. She can be independent, it's up to her to decide." Dad said.

Grandma looked at me hopeful. She thinks I will agree to her ideas, I would have took over the company if it was another situation.

"I'm against the engagement." I said to her. "I don't want to be the heir of your company."

She pursed her lip at me, "You are making a mistake here."

"Maybe?" I said. "But I know when I need help, I will have people around me who will support and stand beside me in my tough times."

"You were suppose to be better." She shake her head. "I've brought you up to be better, to be like me."

I shake my head, "If only you can see what you've been missing, then only you will know."

There was a pause for a brief moment.

"We will not file a case against you, if you promise to stay away from us. From Tracy and her friends and allow us to live the way we want. You can have the company all for yourself. We will go back to San Francisco and figure out our lives and allow Tracy to make the decision. She's nineteen, she have to focus in education and start a career. That's all we are asking. Stay away from us all and we will not file a case." Mom said.

Grandma looked at me, "is this what you want? You want to leave me for parents who left you when you were little? For that boy who have bad reputation, for those friends that you just met a while ago? You want to leave me for them?"

"I really thank you for everything you've given me, but I feel like we were strangers...you've never given me your time and never asked how I felt, it was always about you and your company. When my schools has event,it was always Laurie who came to the events- you never cancelled any plans for me, never ever cleared or make time for me."

"I've sent flowers and gifts for you during those events."

"And I really appreciated that." I said.

She didn't look happy at my response. "Dad and Mom never left me, you took me away from them. You sent securities to take me away from them. The boy who you dislike- he brought me happiness, he did everything he could to allow me to be with my parents. He may have bad reputation, but he's a good person. Those people who you call strangers have been more supportive than you have ever been to me."

She opened and closed her mouth. Looking flabbergasted at us.

"We can make a deal in front of our lawyers today if that makes you feel comfortable." Dad said.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and share this book with others. Next update will be tomorrow :)