Auto-Tuned Out

It was midnight. Officially Tuesday. Jamien sat at the bar, a small glass of vodka in one hand and a lit blunt in the other. Times like this he missed Johnny the most, having someone to sit and laugh with. Pierce was okay but busy with other things. Shaundi was too close to having her throat slit, busy with her stupid show or not.

'The Saints's name used to mean more than body spray and some ass-tasting energy drink...'

Jamien tossed his drink back and hissed at the burn. Johnny was right. No wonder some ass blown Belgian thought the Saints would just roll over and take whatever he gave them. They'd sold out. The real question was, could they get it back?

The elevator let out a ding before the door slid open, and Pierce stepped out. "Those little lightning motherfuckers blew up my Sovereign!"

"What?" Jamien drew smoke from his blunt then put it down.

"The Deckers! I got a call saying that the Deckers were trying to rob the Planet Saints over in Stanfield. I take my happy ass over there to help out. We went through twelve waves of those bitches. TWELVE! A damned specialist blew up my Sovereign!" Pierce ranted, pacing back and forth.

"You can get another one, Pierce."

Pierce stopped. "That's not the fucking point, man! We just gunned down about a hundred of them! It's fucking ridiculous! We need to make these little kids sit they asses down! Go play video games or something!"

Jamien refilled his glass and nodded, offering his herbal medicine to Pierce. "This will calm you down so we can think of something."

Pierce reluctantly sat down next to Jamien. "I swear if I get my hands on one of those roller skating bitches, her face will be as blue as her damned clothes."

"Pierce. Drink. Smoke. Make with the calming down." Jamien took out his phone and dialed Kinzie's number. "The Deckers are a problem, Kinzie."

"I've been working on that."

"And? What have you come up with?" Pierce handed him the blunt, and he accepted it, took a puff, then gave it back.

"Well, I guess you were bound to be here someday."

"What are you talking about?"

"Come to my place. I'll show you what you're gonna need."

Jamien looked at his phone. He couldn't have heard her right. "Kinzie just invited us to her hideout."

Pierce's eyes widened. "No. Fucking. Way."

Jamien nodded. "Yeah. Fucking insane." He slid off of his bar stool and walked over to the intercom. "Two of you get your asses up here, now."

Pierce looked at Jamien. "You leaving Dee here?"

Jamien took one long drag on his blunt before putting it out and nodded. "I doubt Kinzie would welcome anyone but us. Besides, she's joined the army of women who are pissed off at me for some reason or another right now."

"What did you do to her?"

"I had an insurance fraud opportunity and didn't explain it to her beforehand. Apparently, it isn't funny to pretend like you're dying after being hit by seven cars. People tend to think you really are dying." He shrugged. "Shit like that."

Pierce shook his head and opened his mouth to say something, but ended up shaking his head some more. "She isn't used to our life, man. The shit we go through would give normal people a heart attack."

Jamien smiled. "I don't know what you're talking about. I consider myself normal."

Pierce looked at him as if he had grown another head. "That shit isn't funny, man. Don't joke like that. You know you're not normal, right?"