two ✧ water spill

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

Miles' first day officially on the job was slow

Miles' first day officially on the job was slow. He was always feared that he would break something or walk someplace off limits, but luckily it all went smoothly. Most of the house was almost clean as the end of his shift crawled forward, 6:30 PM being the prize.

Endeavor informed him that if he finished the dining room then he could leave early, so of course he rushed to the mentioned room and immediately began sweeping furiously at the floor.

Fuyumi and Shoto were sitting at the dining table next to him, the former watching him with curiosity. They sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes, the brush of a broom and the clicking of a laptop being the only noises.

It ended when the loud crash of glass banged against their eardrums, and all attention was brought towards the boy with the Half and Half quirk.

"Shoto!" Fuyumi cried, springing from her seat. The aforementioned stared blankly at the spilled water and shattered cup, before glancing at his boyfriend who was watching in surprise. Miles seemed to understand, and walked towards the two siblings. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, but you probably shouldn't be kneeling on the glass like that."

"You've got to be more careful," she whispered. The way her shoulders shook was visible, and her eyes darted around as if searching for potential danger. She flinched when a shadow fell over her, but quickly calmed when it faded away as the figure it belonged to kneeled beside her.

Miles began sweeping up the shards of glass which took no time at all, and after a few second was back with paper towels to soak up the water. Fuyumi apologized profusely for the mess and apologized on behalf of her brother, reaching to help with the puddle.

Miles simply blocked her outstretched arm, and told her that it was alright.

"Fuyumi, I need to tell you something," Shoto informed. He pushed his chair back, before falling on his knees beside his sister and across from the other boy. He grabbed her hand gently and tried to show no sign of emotion. She gripped him back, nervousness taking over her mind.

"What's wrong, Shoto?"

Shoto hesitated for a moment, glancing towards Miles once again. The maid-in-standing nodded his head once in confirmation, and so Shoto turned to his sister in determination.

"Miles is my boyfriend. I met him at UA; we're in the same class. We've been dating ever since the Sports Festival."

Fuyumi sat frozen, her hand twitching in Shoto's hold. Her movements seemed robotic as she turned her head towards Miles and then back again but eventually it sinked in.

"Oh... oh," she hummed. "Shoto, I... I'm proud of you. I should've known." The flame and ice hybrid felt his lips quirk upwards, his movement seeming natural as he pulled his older sister in for a hug. They leaned into each other's touch, eyes closed and focused on nothing else.

Miles watched as Natsuo walked through the room absentmindedly and munching on a protein bar. The older Todoroki brother stopped at the sight of the three knelt on the floor, making eye contact with Miles.

Miles simply shrugged his shoulders, and so Natsuo kept walking.