eight ✧ break up

✧-*•° ✧°•*-

"You're fired

"You're fired."

The tension in the room was surprisingly bearable. Neither Miles or Endeavor sat down even though the adult seemed to have plenty of chairs in his home office, and the teenager found himself becoming bored with the situation.

Although he was sad to see the good pay go, he was glad that he was able to strip the disgusting man of as much money as he could.

"Wow, so unexpected," Miles responded with no emotion. "Any more heartbreaking news?"

"You have to break up with Shoto."

Miles paused, before quirking his eyebrow. "And why the fuck would I do anything for you? Besides the fact I cleaned your house for six months."

"When Shoto gets to be my age he needs to be able to pass on his quirk. Biologically. I didn't spend decades creating it for no reason," Endeavor hissed. "I'll give you ¥33,000."

"Okay, deal," Miles obliged with no signs of hesitation. He had learned his lesson the last time he hesitated. "Today is Friday, by the way. I also need my last paycheck."

"Children these days are insufferable."

"Oh, please. You've always hated children."

Endeavor ignored the remark as he pulled out his wallet and shuffled through the crisp bills. In five minutes Miles was holding the fattest stack he had ever touched, and suddenly the stupid ass job seemed worth it. He could get, like, five Copic markers with the amount of cash he suddenly had.

"One more thing," Miles smirked as he opened the door. "I will beat your ass one day."

Once out of sight, Miles could no longer control himself and scurried away in fear. He let out the deepest sigh of relief, glad that the 'pro hero' hadn't snapped and burned him alive. He left the house as quick as he could (pushing over a glass of orange juice for good measure), the evening air feeling amazing on his clammy skin.

"Miles!" A voice shouted, and the aforementioned turned to see his boyfriend walking towards him.

"Oh, Sho," he grinned, letting him catch up. "I was gonna call you lat—" Shoto cut him off as soon as he could, pulling him into a tight hug.

"Did he touch you?"

"No. Hell no. I'm fine, Shoto, there's no need to worry," Miles assured him. "He just fired me, that's it. Fixable. I heard CVS is begging for people to apply, maybe we could get a job on the same shift."

Icy Hot nodded, relaxing immensely. "What's with the money?"

"Oh, he also paid me to break up with you." Shoto froze. But quickly calmed, once again. "I lied to him, of course. I'm not breaking up with you. In fact, next date is on me."

"You scammed my father?"

"Like a leech." Shoto was silent for a moment, before he let out a small laugh and his eyes scrunched closed. Miles blushed, but willed it away before his boyfriend came to. "I... I would never want to break up with you, Shoto. I... love you... or something."

Shoto smiled softly at the claim, standing on his tip toes in order to peck Miles' lips. "Love you too. You should get home before it gets dark."

"Right, yeah. See you Monday!"

"See you Monday."